Revenue and Billing Team Lead
The Area: Morningstar’s corporate accounting team is looking to hire a Revenue and Billing Team Lead who thrives in a goal-oriented and fast-paced environment.
The Role: This is a supervisory role that will report to the Accounting Manager. In this role, you will supervise the teams responsible for the end-to end processing of signed customer contracts (from contract auditing and invoice issuance to monthly reconciliations and reporting). You will work collaboratively with multiple departments to understand, assess, and improve revenue and receivable processes.
• Review contracts and work with sales teams to ensure all information required for billing is complete and accurate.
• Review contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with the Company’s policies and U.S. GAAP.
• Lead a team of approximately 2 professionals to ensure efficiencies in the contract close process, invoice processing, cash applications, and revenue reporting and analysis.
• Lead and participate in cross-functional project teams formed to address business process improvements in the revenue and receivable area.
• Support and maintain strong internal controls for our Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance process.
• Ability to communicate clearly, work in a team-environment, and assume additional responsibilities over time.
• Strong background applying revenue recognition principals related to software, service contracts, and multiple element deliverables.
• Experience with SalesForce.com, Oracle’s Contracts, Accounts Receivable and Cash Management modules is a plus.
• A CPA or other accounting certification is required.
• A bachelor’s degree is required.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.