Account Executive, Higher Education
Wyzant is on a mission to make the world a better place by empowering people to teach and learn from one another. We help students of all ages accomplish their learning goals by providing them with 1-on-1 expert support on our industry-leading online platform. We are looking for a skilled Account Executive (AE) to find business opportunities within higher ed and expand our customer base.
As a successful sales leader, you will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. you will find opportunities and turn them into long-term profitable relationships based on trust and mutual satisfaction. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, we’d like to meet you.
Responsibilities of the AE include:
- Prospect into target accounts across higher education. Work closely with the SDR team to source qualified meetings, using email, phone, and social media outreach tactics.
- Learn Wyzant’s unique value proposition and work consultatively with qualified prospects and customers to tailor solutions to meet their organizational and student needs.
- Proactively manage the entire sales process and pipeline from prospecting to close.
- Deliver demos and presentations virtually and in-person to key constituents. Navigate multiple decision-makers and influencers within larger universities.
- Prepare proposals, negotiate pricing, and close business.
- Achieve all individual activity and revenue targets.
- Maintain detailed, updated records and track all activity in CRM.
- Work collaboratively with CS and Product to share customer and prospect feedback and contribute to product evolution.
- Minimum 6+ years previous sales experience (preferably experience in B2B).
- Experience in higher education. Interest in higher education and Wyzant’s mission is a must.
- Background in consultative sales to director and VP level buyers across multiple institutions or business units.
- Experience taking a new product to market and developing a new market important.
- Demonstrated track record of hitting or exceeding quota of at least $1 million annually.
- Willingness to travel for onsite presentations and trade shows / conferences.
- Persistent -- you are accountable for your own activity and success.
- Appreciate a challenge and like to grow and tackle new things each day.
- Deep experience and comfort with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce).
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships.
- BSc degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field.