Account Executive at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is used by over 20,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. In order to succeed, we need to be relentless about solving hard problems and help today’s brands find, form and deepen connections with their customers through Sprout’s platform. Our award-winning software and culture has been recognized by some of the best in the business, including winning Glassdoor’s 2020 Best Places to Work.
Our global sales team experienced incredible growth in 2019 and we will continue to grow in 2020. As opportunities emerge, we are looking to find the best possible team members who want to grow their career as Sprout continues to grow. If you want to be on our radar as we have new openings, please share your resume for review. Applicants to this posting will only be contacted by a recruiter if we identify a position where there is a potential fit. Our diverse team is made up of talented and thoughtful individuals who are committed to growing our market and moving our industry forward. Even better, we have a lot of fun doing it.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with your Sales & Success leader to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Begin developing familiarity with our business, platform, and applications, as well as our company’s key metrics.
- Acclimate yourself with the day to day responsibilities of Sprout’s Sales & Success team by shadowing team members, listening to recorded customer calls and working closely with our dedicated sales enablement team.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Define and execute an outbound strategy for your book of business and begin the process of building relationships with key strategic stakeholders.
- Understand where we can expand our offerings by expansion into new business units or increasing utilization of our platform with existing users.
- Own your numbers - consistently meet and exceed your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota retirement.
- Conduct active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your clients brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Have built solid relationships at the C-Level with your “book of business".
- Represent Sprout at conferences and engage potential leads in person at trade shows and events to continue to build our customer base.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and helps others grow from your experiences.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
- Consistently achieve your revenue targets.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer and customer feedback.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!