Brand Partnerships Manager
Brand Partnerships Manager
Cameo, one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018 and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level.
You’ll be joining a quickly growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its earliest days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the Role:
As the Cameo platform evolves, we're receiving a tremendous amount of interest from brands and agencies to work with our talent base, and leverage Cameo as a unique way for brands to market to their customers. You will be leading our brand partnership sales and relationship management efforts, and spearheading a new vertical and revenue source for Cameo. Your job will be to conceptualize ways that brands can leverage Cameo, successfully close all inbound and outbound partnership opportunities, and champion the creation of Cameo's newest revenue stream.
How You’ll Crush It:
- Be excited about the massive opportunity at hand: spearheading the creation of a new vertical at Cameo.
- Be constantly working with brands and agencies to come up with new ways that brands can utilize Cameo.
- See entire sales cycles through, from initial outreach to campaign creation, closing, and KPI recapping.
- Work with our existing talent base, agents, managers, and our talent relations team to understand which talent is interested in brand partnerships, and the best talent to work with each brand.
- Be the liason between agencies/brands and our talent base.
- Work with our product team to create a B2B environment for brands to more easily work with Cameo's talent pool.
- Thrive off being in a fast-paced environment where collaboration, communication, and hard work is critical.
- Have experience with CRMs (Base, Salesforce, etc), it’s imperative for us to track all activity and outreach.
- Learn to effectively focus on the right people, verticals and relationships.
- Be focused at work and excited about working long hours every day with the team.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills - this is a client facing role after all, where you’ll constantly be speaking and messaging with celebrities.
- Take intelligent risks in building smart, strategic relationships and partnerships.
- Be confident in sharing your opinions and insight with the team- you’re on the front line after all!
- Always be honest and have a hunger to learn more, beat the competition, and take prideful ownership in everything you do.
- Be ready to ‘always be on’, talent expects excellence and quick communication.
- Have a knack for all things social-media related.
What we hope you'll bring to the table:
- 5-12 years in an influencer marketing sales role, brand management role, enterprise sales role, or agency/brand sales role, and a top quota performer on your team.
- Have experience in creating a new revenue vertical at a company, and having then successfully scaled it.
- A 4-year university degree.
- Known as a leader on your team; someone that is constantly being tasked with roles or accounts above your pay-grade.
- Experience and confidence in client-facing roles, especially when speaking with senior management.
- Be known in your current job as someone with intellectual curiosity, lack of self-entitlement, a great attitude, a hard worker (first in, last out) and grit.
- Be extremely self-motivated and someone who shuns mediocrity.
- Most importantly, you’re someone that sees the glass half full and is excited to take on new challenges, initiatives, and projects!
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.