Business Analyst at Braintree
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
The Analytics Team:
The Braintree Analytics Team is committed to delivering actionable and insightful reporting and analysis to drive all parts of the business forward. We relentlessly advocate the use of empirical evidence to inform decisions so Braintree may achieve their greatest potential. As Braintree products and features rapidly evolve, the Analytics Team coalesces information from multiple, disparate resources to provide a cohesive data story to our core stakeholders.
- Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many analysts work in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
- We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
- We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible output.
- We learn and grow as a team with bi-weekly knowledge shares
Types of projects we work on:
Internal Reporting and Analysis
- We build reports and self-service tools to monitor transaction authorization rates, to track the adoption of new products and features, and to measure the impact of global marketing initiatives.
- We work closely with Accounts, Sales, and Marketing teams to understand, measure, and track our merchants’ experience.
Merchant-facing Reporting and Analysis
- We strive to develop reporting tools that address the immediate need while anticipating how it can serve a broader audience and set of needs in the future.
- We team up with Account Managers to understand merchants’ questions, to advise what analysis our team can provide, and to facilitate communication of findings back to the merchant.
What we look for in you:
- Professional experience in a quantitative/analytical role
- Strong communication skills, particularly in explaining complex topics to varied audiences
- High degree of proficiency with SQL, familiarity with common scripting languages such as Python or R
- Resourcefulness, ability to parse internal documentation, developer documentation and code repositories
- Experience leveraging common visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau to tell a story with data
- Strong sense of ownership in work, attention to detail and quality of output
- Excellent time management skills, ability to juggle many things at once
- Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge.
- Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
- Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!