Business Consultant II
The Business Consultant II uses product and industry knowledge to assist customers in solving business problems and analyze business requirements, working with Solution Architects to define the technical solutions needed to achieve the business goals and objectives. Serves as the conduit between CSG’s implementation team(s) and the customers’ business stakeholders over the course of a project. Required to interface with multi-disciplinary teams and may contribute to pre-sales support and input to RFP responses.
Focus areas in leading consulting engagements include:
- Cross Industry Experience: Experience in business consulting with multiple clients in telecoms (fixed and mobile), cable and media industry delivering software solutions for Business Support Systems. A deep understanding of the operations of different industry sectors and current trends in commercial propositions that clients are adopting to compete.
- BSS Solutions: Experience in designing and implementation of business support solutions within telecoms cable and media clients. Deep working knowledge of industry applications and solutions and operating models such as the TMF Framework. Understanding of industry solutions – off the shelf products and managed service solution providers. Will develop deep understanding of CSGI solutions.
- Business Consulting: Consulting with clients to draw out needs associated with end-to-end Business needs for BSS requirements and recommend solutions. Ability to challenge approaches through thought-leadership to draw out best solutions and add value in proposing alternative methods to addressing BSS needs. Experience of working with enterprise clients in B2C and B2B models in delivering BSS solutions.
- Business Modeling and Functional Specifications: Ability to design and document BSS solutions and document functional needs for input to solution leads across the Ascendon product set.
- Solution Design: Collaborate with Solution leads across the Ascendon product set and Service Delivery teams to define overall BSS solutions within Ascendon through consultation and workshops.
- The role requires significant travel, up to 50% internationally.
- Provide process and solution overview knowledge to pre-sales in the pre-project phase and assist Pre-sales on any potential customer RFP and system demonstration. Provide inputs for Pre-Sales on the solution proposal and project scoping.
- Ensures business viability of solutions as defined in the Statement of Work and subsequent changes requests.
- Assess customer’s needs and provide consultation and solutions to improve customer’s business efficiencies and solve customer's business problems both within and beyond the scope of an existing project bringing awareness of potential new opportunities for adding more products and services back to CSG into the account.
- Planning and leading the requirements workshops to understand business and system requirements, customer special requirement and provide possible solution through customization, identify potential impact to the standard system functions.
- Guides and advises customers through the formulation and documentation of business requirements.
- Works with peers/customers to ensure end to end project business functionality of software is completed successfully from project scheduling, and design through implementation. Accountable for ensuring that project team properly demonstrates system functionality to customer in a way that satisfies them that their business problems and requirements are met.
- Responsible for modeling customers business rules and requirements to fit within the product portfolio Infrastructure and designed to make the best use of the CSG product assets.
- Provides leadership to the project team and customer on a large project, across the entire solution. Able to setup and manage a new customer engagement without assistance and provides guidance on the impact of market and regulatory changes and the future directions of the core products.
- Point of contact for business information, support, direction and leadership for other Business Consultants, core product management teams and shared development team.
- Provide Business Consultant task identification; work estimates and skills required to assist the PM with task scheduling and resource requests.
- Guide Business Consultants in the development and review of specifications for customer specific functionalities.
- Reviews test plans to ensure coverage of system requirements.
- Mentors less experienced team members.
- Accountable for the work performance of other consultants on the team.
- Conduct super user training effectively within allocated time frame.
- Address customer’s question during training / UAT. Identify issues causes and liaise with the responsible personnel in Product management or R&D team for solution.
- Work together with customer in taking the system to production via onsite support and pre-production activities like data loading and end-to-end verification activities.
- Liaise with Product Management and R&D team on issue clarifications and functional improvements.
- Responsible for delivering feedback to the Product Management team to ensure that future releases of the products meet the ongoing needs of the customer/business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (Electrical Software, Telecommunications) or Business (with major in Computing) or equivalent education/experience required.
- 10 years’ experience as a business/software consultant with the implementation of BSS solutions in a mix of Telecoms, Cable and Media industries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth understanding of client needs and broad impact of changes in business environment and industry trends.
- Expert understanding of an integrated BSS solution demonstrating strong knowledge of and experience with several products within the portfolio. Understanding of BSS Solutions in general is important as opposed to deep understanding of the Ascendon solution.
- Strong experience in consultative engagements such as business health checks, business motivation modeling, TCO/ROI assessments, prospect research, customer business processes (ie. journeys)
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to effectively convey and clarify complex information, delivering demonstrations and presentations, consulting with customers and influencing others.
- Highly developed facilitation skills for customer interaction.
- Solid understanding of project management and requirements management processes to ensure primary responsibilities are completed within accepted standards and templates.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language in a business environment.
- Available for international and domestic travel when needed. Travel, after/off hours and extended on-site work will be required. Duration and extent of travel may vary per project. May also be required to be on call during non-standard work hours.
- Accountable for professional working behavior to include; building and maintaining constructive working relationships, implementing proactive and concise communication, acting as a resource to colleagues, and engaging in collaborative thinking and problem solving while demonstrating CSG’s core competencies and values.
- Decisions are guided by the specialized needs of customers with few defined precedents or guidelines.
- Works independently and collaborates with peers when necessary.
- Full accountability for results of decisions.
- In-depth understanding of Telecommunication, Cable and Media industry (wireline, wireless, data services, cable systems, pre/post-paid business models, OTT Services, etc.) and industry standards such as TMForum, ISEEB, ITIL in order to be prescriptive and consultative.
- Expert requirements engineering skills with experience in using one or more of the following tools/techniques:
- Map and Gap Analysis
- MoSCoW Prioritization
- TMF as a tool to assess business change impacts in areas of technology, process and people
- Awareness of Agile Software development methodologies such as SAFe or KanBan