Business Development Manager, Commercial
Have you seen how data can be used to significantly transform how decisions are made within organizations? At Civis Analytics, we believe that organizations need to build a “system” around data-based decision making in order to be competitive in the marketplace. And those that do will truly differentiate themselves. These systems incorporate people, data, technology, and science. Over the last four years, Civis Analytics has become the premier partner for organizations seeking to build those systems. We blend world-class data science talent with proprietary data and cutting-edge software to help companies solve their largest problems.
Civis Analytics helps businesses use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage loyal customers and employees. With a powerful combination of best-in-class proprietary data, cutting-edge software solutions, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies and the country’s largest nonprofits to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best companies do business.
We are looking for enterprise-level consultative sellers and account managers who understand how to have “needs-based” conversations with business leaders surrounding their business analytics capabilities and gaps. The template for success in this role is becoming comfortable with Civis’s product/offering suite and being able to design a solution that makes our customers better at using data to drive business outcomes. And doing it all without being boring!
- This person will be tasked with leading business development for the Customer Marketing and Acquisition Solutions line of business
- Source, qualify, and close opportunities within the identified territory and/or industry segment
- Define account and territory strategies to meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets and assist the organization in growing existing business
- Coordinate technical presentations and proposals with Civis technical sales professionals and staff to deliver winning solutions that meet the customer’s needs
- Understand the customer buying cycles in-depth, influence those cycles where possible, and accurately forecast sales to Civis management
- Maintain close partnerships with Civis customers, ensuring Civis is always considered a trusted partner
- Maintain a deep understanding of the data analytics space along with the broader analytics technology environment
- Serve as trusted advisor to customers and identify market changes or new opportunities to the Civis management and product teams
- BA/BS degree
- Five to ten years experience in consultative, needs-based sales and/or enterprise account management
- Proven record of selling cloud-based software solutions and/or services and negotiations through all levels of client organizations
- Strong understanding of, appreciation for, and interest in...the business and data analytics / science technology ecosystem (Examples: Redshift, Python, Hadoop)
- Understanding in how to scope programs containing technology and service
- Effective account / territory planning and time management skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and deal with the ambiguity that comes with a successful, growth-stage company
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Skilled at cross-functional navigation and team-based execution
- Strategic account approach
- Willing and able to travel up to 25%