Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over
the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 13M active users and taken over the rewards game in
the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a
global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they
create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you
should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’
real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters
most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a
direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards
layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier diners and shoppers and stronger
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer. This position can be based remotely in the United States or hybrid in Birmingham, Boston, Chicago, Madison, New York, and San Francisco.
Business Development – Retail. This position can be located anywhere in the US but ideally
would be in the greater Chicago, IL area.
motivated self-starter, strong work ethic and a sales “hunter” mentality. You must enjoy cold-
calling, speaking with people face to face and networking. Grocery retail experience strongly
opportunities via cold and warm interactions and presentations over the phone, in person and
prospecting, telephone, and professional networking. Educate prospects about our offerings
through presentations, virtual meetings, case studies, and trade shows. You will be involved in
all phases of the sales lifecycle including identifying and developing leads, meeting with clients,
developing value propositions, structuring financial deals, contract negotiation and closing.
The Sr. Manager, Business Development works to identify, create and strengthen relationships
with senior executives within each partner organization in order to stay connected to the
measures that matter most to each organization, both as a whole and to each individual
priorities and schedule of deliverables that will provide an ongoing connection to the unique
value that Fetch provides. The ultimate evaluation of a SMBD’s efforts will be the creation of
new partners, renewal of each partner and ability to identify additional revenue opportunities.
● Source, develop and maintain a pipeline of new potential partnerships in the retail
● Create and execute a business development strategy to build-out partnerships
● Schedule and execute face-to-face and virtual client meetings
● Develop and deliver sales/marketing presentations for potential partners
● Lead and drive the proposal development process
● Drive contract negotiation and end to end launch execution with new partners
● Leverage data to gain better understanding of existing and potential customers
● Drive, track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics (internal and external) and
business trends as they relate to business partners and the industry vertical.
● Utilizes market data, consumer trends and all applicable research to inform approaches
to new business development
● Aligns development ideas and opportunities align with division growth goals
● Reports goals, plans and progress to the Director, Business Development
● Maintain direct and active relationships with business partners, including proactively
resolving business and technical issues and serving as an internal advocate.
● Remain knowledgeable on relevant market and industry trends, competition, and
compliance requirements; develop a deep understanding of customer needs, priorities,
and pain points.
● Previous experience selling into grocery retail strongly desired.
● Experience with Salesforce and Outreach is preferable.
● Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
● Excellent problem-solving/decision-making and strategic thinking skills
● Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
● Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
● Comfort working with data, visualizations and spreadsheets
● Ability to handle stress and conflict
● Ability to work at strategic, operational, tactical and customer-facing levels.
● Thought leader that has the ability to confidently share their vision to all audiences.
● Data driven communicator.
● Track record of building consultative relationships and creative solutions that allow
partners to unlock the full potential of their brands.
● Demonstrated record of execution, accomplishment, tracking and post-mortem analysis.
● Passionate about innovation.
● Ability to influence at all levels.