Business Development Representative- Entry Level
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 650,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About The Role
We are looking for energetic, motivated and competitive people who want to jump start their sales career by joining our Sales Development Representative team. This entry level role is the perfect opportunity for individuals to fine-tune their communication skills by conducting initial contact and engaging with professionals in the software industry. The ideal candidate is eager to gain experience with cold calling, relationship building, and pipeline development.
- Connect with and quickly develop relationships with contacts and prospects
- Qualify inbound leads and advance them to the next step in our sales cycle
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on lead quality and conversion
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Evangelize G2 and our industry-leading review platform
- Exceed goals of qualified opportunities and closed business
- 0- 6 months of sales or related experience
- Interest in prospecting or cold calling
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- A motivated and goal-oriented personality with a self-starting attitude
- Organized with good time management skills
- The ability to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.