Business Development Representative- Experienced
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 650,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About The Role
The Business Development Representative is a launching path for a career at G2. The opportunity allows for individuals to fine-tune their communication skills by conducting initial contact and engaging with professionals in the software industry. The ideal candidate has experience with cold calling or heavy phone skills and is an eager, high-energy sales professional.
- Drive sales growth by finding and engaging prospects via phone and email
- Connect with and quickly develop relationships with contacts and prospects
- Set-up meetings with qualified prospects and sales reps
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on lead quality and conversion
- Build a pipeline and execute on early stages of the sales process
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Evangelize G2 Crowd and our industry-leading review platform
- Exceed goals of qualified opportunities and closed business
- 6 months-1.5 years of sales or related experience
- Experience with prospecting, cold calling, or equivalent
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- A motivated and goal-oriented personality with a self-starting attitude
- Organized with good time management skills
- The ability to learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced environment
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
We encourage all candidates to review our interview process to best prepare themselves on what to expect as a candidate of G2.