Business Development Representative
Braintree's class-leading technology does for payments what the smart phone did for cell phones. The world of payments is changing and the only way to stay ahead of the game is to embrace the best in new payments technologies, opening new revenue streams and enabling new partnerships. In the past, payments were simply a way to move money from A to B. Today, merchants can take advantage of Braintree's payments technology to not just collect payments, but to also increase their sales, streamline operations and shed technical debt.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees spread around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on The Muse | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Business Development Representative:
Leveraging Braintree’s reputation as a technology leader, the Business Development Representative is responsible for driving Braintree’s market share by building a strong pipeline for our enterprise sales executives. This role will provide a strong foundation of technology sales skills and payments knowledge, ideally allowing the BDR to grow into a quota carrying sales executive.
Our Business Development Reps are responsible for outbound prospecting and qualifying potential enterprise merchants. The BDR will execute coordinated campaigns that consist of calling and strategic digital communications such as email and social/professional platform connections. Ultimately, this high-level performer will create genuine connections with some of the most impressive brands in the world.
- Contact prospective merchants across phone, email, in-person events and social platforms to generate and uncover new opportunities.
- Perform initial needs assessment of prospect while identifying existing pain points to determine how Braintree’s platform could address those needs.
- Maintain accurate and updated records for all activities in Salesforce.com
- Research and stay up to date on current market trends, opportunities and competition
- Conduct research to expand contact lists within targeted accounts using tools like Discover.org, Sales Navigator and other methods.
- Desire to learn enterprise sales methodologies and strategies.
- 1-2 years of sales, marketing or business development experience. SaaS sales experience is a plus.
- Dynamic hunter personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving both individual and team goals in a professional setting.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively, both on a team and individually, in a high energy, ever-changing, dynamic sales environment.
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com and Outreach.io is a plus.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.