Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative
Shipwell is fundamentally changing the shipping and logistics industry by building a connected platform that provides solutions for your entire supply chain. We are streamlining the way shippers, 3PLs, and carriers have operated for decades using ground-breaking technology to provide automation and workflow solutions in an established industry that comprises over 5% GDP. Shipwell created the first truly connected digital supply chain platform that provides real-time connectivity, visibility, automation, and bullet-proof APIs. We are a Series B startup that is backed by world-class investors, such as First Round Capital, Fifth Wall, and Georgian Partners.
Shipwell is a fast-paced, high-energy start-up that strives to build the future of shipping every day. Diversity of thought and cross-department collaboration is very important to us. We deliver open, honest, careful communication and work as hard as we play. We create & deliver solutions that are revolutionizing the industry, which brings excitement and purpose to our work. If you are looking for a place that will help you tap into your best work-self and give you hands-on experience building something big, then we invite you to come and build the future of shipping with us!
About the Role
The Business Development Representative owns the strategic acquisition of new business and the conversion of existing business to drive top-line growth for the organization. This individual will be focused on successfully acquiring and converting SMB clients to utilize the full functionality of the Shipwell platform. These individuals are customer-obsessed, detailed oriented, and have an entrepreneurial mindset. They are extremely skilled at providing concierge service to a diverse group of customers. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, highly driven, and persuasive in their approach. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual to be part of a growing and dynamic organization that is focused on reshaping the future of logistics.
What you'll do:
- Drive top-line revenue
- Work collaboratively with account management, legal, marketing, onboarding, integrations, product, and sales enablement teams to ensure customer success
- Bring the voice of the customer back to Shipwell’s product team to help reshape the future
- Engage with economic buyers and high-level decision-makers
- Articulate the value of Shipwell’s proprietary platform
- Provide on-demand customer service and training for clients
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of logistics experience selling SaaS, Managed Transportation, and complex solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead a client success strategies
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Possess a challenger’s mindset
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to drive continuous improvement and be an ambassador of change for our clients
- Ability to forecast accurately
- Ability to execute quickly
- Proficiency in Salesforce and CRM tools to maximize sales efficiency and effectiveness
- The ability to operationalize solutions for our customers
- The ability to uncover key customer characteristics, challenges, and goals
- The ability to articulate ROI through thorough detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Undergraduate degree (supply chain preferred)
- Demonstrated high-performance and the ability to consistently exceed quota
- Willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Prior SaaS experience with large TMS providers
- Director of Sales
- Incredible growth opportunity at a fast growing company
- The kitchen is fully stocked with local coffee, drinks, and snacks
- Company sponsored healthcare insurance and dental insurance
- Team building events and office competitions
- Receive an elite technology package to include a brand new MacBook Pro!
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to put your thumbprint on a high-growth company in the early stages
- An open work environment where everyone, even the new folks, have a voice
View all our open positions at www.shipwell.com/careers
We’ve announced our Series A financing round! Read more on TechCrunch.
Shipwell is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Shipwell, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight. We have pledged to create a diverse and culturally strong company and environment.