Channel Operations Specialist
- Contribute to the strategy and management of channel operations as it relates to the Relativity partner model
- Manage channel operations tools and process to support the corporate strategy and direction including analytics, reporting, collection, management and communications of channel performance and issues
- Channel operations interface to other departments, sales, sales operations, customer success, product marketing and partners
- Own and manage the Partner Portal
- Liaise with Sales Ops, Marketing Ops and SFDC teams to make sure partner information is accurate on internal and external systems.
- Gatekeeper of Partner Program definition, scalability, compatibility with data structure and ensure business requirements can be executed in SFDC or other internal database/analytics tools
- Work with Sales Operations and BI Team to drive analytics on partner revenue, partner pipeline partner investments such as training, MDF, etc.
- Work with Data and Analytics team to Develop SFDC/Tableau Based Ad-Hoc Reporting and Data Analysis
- BA/BS in Marketing or related discipline, or at least five years of experience working on complex projects/programs across multiple regions and/or lines of businesses
- 5+ years’ experience in channel operations and/or distribution operations
- Expert in technology used for partner programs such as SFDC, Microsoft tools, and Partner Mgt. systems.
- Experience in a client-facing role and working in cross-functional teams towards common goals
- Partner portal management experience
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce
- Proven track record of relationships with key channel/sales leaders to drive execution of partner strategy
- Deep understanding of back end operations of a partner program
- Familiarity with Tableau and Marketo a plus.
- Work in supporting a partner program in the software industry is preferred
- Comfortable engaging at all levels in an organization to deliver results
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey ideas and information in written and verbal form to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated skills in differentiating program benefits within a segmented partner community
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual who thrives in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail: ability to manage multiple priorities in parallel
Relativity has over 160,000 users in 40+ countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and all of the Am Law 200. Relativity's cloud solution, RelativityOne, offers all the functionality of Relativity in a secure and comprehensive SaaS product. Our company has also been named one of Chicago's Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for seven consecutive years. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.