Client Development Director
One North is a full-service digital agency helping businesses solve complex problems in creative ways. We’re makers, technologists, and relationship builders guiding our clients and our people toward what’s next. Unlike traditional agencies, we stitch together a deep level of expertise across disciplines so that we can do the work of multiple teams. With capabilities in brand and communications, digital experience, technology and infrastructure, and optimization and insights, we can take on any challenge. We deliver the human element to digital so that your big ideas come to life. One North is a TEKsystems company.
We believe in cultivating an environment that breeds opportunity and encourages people to be the best version of themselves. Our team members see work as more than just a job - it’s a career built on passion, grit, and ambition. From achieving personal success to lifting others up to do the same, we all rise together. We help people achieve their goals and then some. Our culture is centered around making an impact. We believe in doing what we love and encouraging others to do the same. Whatever direction you’re headed, you’ll find talented, driven, and passionate members of the One North and TEKsystems family creating meaningful work.
The Client Development Director is responsible for key sales pursuit activities within the business cycle, including pre-sales strategy, solutioning, and transition to delivery. The role is tightly coupled with our sales team, One North practitioners, and delivery leadership. We support customers ranging in size from regional-based organizations to the Fortune 100.
The Client Development Director consults with multiple layers of a customer’s business to help identify, direct, and shape solutions. The primary functions and required skills are to conduct discovery, provide insights, and guide customers in driving impactful business solutions.
Primary responsibilities and requisite skills:
- Support business development activities by providing relevant experience and an understanding of our capabilities and methodologies
- Participate in account planning for a client working alongside sales and delivery counterparts, centered on core capabilities and value One North can bring to a customer
- Participate in training of sales and account management team members on One North capabilities, value proposition, and case studies to support customer consideration
- Demonstrate thought leadership early and throughout the sales cycle
- Engage peers in TEK Global Services solutioning for cross-practice customer solutions
- Identify the client need and align the appropriate One North capability that offers the best solution
- Lead development of the proposed solution, including client-facing presentations/proposals, pricing and contract creation, ensuring it aligns with client business, technical, process, resource, and contractual requirements
- Engage One North practitioners and delivery at the appropriate time to ensure delivery excellence, mitigate risk, and facilitate solution development and communication
- Maintain individual sales pipeline information that informs One North sales forecast and resource allocations
- Transition new business to delivery, ensuring a proper handoff and engagement start and expectations alignment during initial work phases
- Support delivery leads and account management, if aligned, at key accounts
- Develop relationships across TEK Global Services sales and solutioning teams to facilitate complex cross-practice solutions for customers
Skills & Qualifications
- 8 or more years of experience selling or delivering digital agency professional services required
- Digital agency experience should include the delivery or selling of brand, content, creative, UX, CX, UI design, web data analytics, or website design/development services
- 2+ years in customer facing roles interfacing with customer
- Preferred experience with a digital agency that delivers solutions through a variety of models; capacity teams or outcome-based commitments
Keys to Success:
- Must have outstanding communication, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the customer and One North
- Must have strong business understanding with the ability to build credibility, communicate capabilities, gather and assess customer requirements, and communicate solution and value proposition to customer leadership
- Must have strong organization and time management skills to effectively manage your opportunity pipeline including deal qualification, solution development, and contract creation
- Must be able to adapt approach and adapt demeanor in real time to match shifting demands of different situations
- Must build strong partnerships and work collaboratively to gain confidence and trust of others