Client Engagement Associate
Axiom, the world’s fastest growing provider of legal talent, is looking for a relentless seller to join the Client Engagement team in our Chicago office.
Our Client Engagement team is Axiom’s special sauce – we are the matchmakers who work to make the perfect pairings between demand (clients) and supply (lawyers). Axiom’s clients are legal departments in some of the world’s most exciting and cutting-edge companies, while our lawyers are some of the world’s most impressive and credentialed. It’s Client Engagement’s job to thoughtfully weave together client needs with lawyer skills, taking into consideration personalities, career aspirations, and business environments. At the end of the day, we want to match great talent with our clients, and great opportunities with our lawyers.
Client Engagement is also responsible for driving and winning deals, so we’re looking for a solution-oriented individual who is excited to constantly chase revenue and help us to grow the business as we strive to be the biggest provider of legal services in the world. Your personal motto should always be: “how do I win this opportunity for an Axiom lawyer?”
Fulfillment of Client Opportunities
- Work with clients (in-house legal teams: general counsel, AGCs, DGCs) to define, scope out, and qualify needs.
- Educate clients on the client engagement process and model; guide clients towards the best resourcing solution for their needs.
- Develop deep understanding of clients, including their business, their team dynamics, their challenges, and their industries
- Identify Axiom Attorneys who effectively meet the requirements of the client’s needs, by searching in Axiom’s database of resumes and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Identify creative or alternative solutions for filling the client’s need when traditional routes may not be effective
- Gauge and generate Axiom attorneys’ interest in relevant roles
- Compellingly lead recommendations of Axiom attorneys to clients
- Manage interview process between clients and lawyers, including preparing clients and attorneys for interviews with each other
- Negotiate and manage contracting process and pricing with clients
- Manage administrative process of setting up a lawyer to begin billing with a client
- Collaborate closely with account management team and other internal stakeholders during talent engagement process, carefully managing expectations of everyone involved and communicating regularly on the status of the opportunity
Analyzing and Managing against Attorney Demand
- Develop a deep understanding of the skills, practice areas, seniority, and industry experience of the Axiom Attorneys within assigned practice
- Identify attorney demand trends based on open matters and fill rate; interpret the trends to determine whether action is required to further develop our bench of attorneys which may include external recruiting
- Partner with Attorney Recruitment team to identify skills gaps in current attorney bench to create targeted recruitment campaigns
- Interview and assess candidates against skills requirements and client cultures
Assist in department workload triaging and delegation.
- 2+ years of work experience within a law firm, recruitment agency, or corporate in-house environment, inside sales experience, engagement fulfillment experience from a top-tier consulting firm, or other relevant experience
- Highly persuasive verbal communication skills, high-impact presentation skills
- Deep sense of urgency, hunger, and drive/commitment to closing client opportunities
- Ability to effectively assess candidate skills and interests to meet requirements
- Poise, confidence, and maturity to interact with senior level, highly experienced attorneys and/or clients
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and able to operate in a high pressure, fast-paced environment
- Exhibits Axiom’s core values: Irresistible, Fresh, Committed & Thoughtful
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS
Undergraduate degree is required.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at [email protected] and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.