Closing Desk Analyst
Guaranteed Rate is the 7th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $24 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
Who we are:
Guaranteed Rate is not your typical company and certainly not your typical mortgage company. We have tons of energy and we love what we do – get people great priced mortgages and wow them with our impeccable customer service. Also, our location rocks – right off the brown line. No really, the train rumbles past our windows. Our home base is an old textile building that’s been turned into a hip office with exposed brick and duct work, windows we can actually open during the summer and an open floor plan – no cubicle life here. There are a few offices, but we totally outnumber the office dwellers. The awesomeness doesn’t end there, we also have:
- Free 20 minute monthly massages. It’s true, we don’t want you to be a cramped-up mess.
- A free on-site nurse. Psshh who needs a doctor’s appointment when our nurse can do it all? Did we mention the free part?
- An in-house café offering breakfast, lunch and a late afternoon healthy snack. All meals are subsidized so you’ll never pay full price.
- Access to the office gym for only $25 a year – no really - the whole year. Oh and for a puny fee you can take yoga, Cross Fit or boxing. We like our folks happy and healthy.
- A 5,000 square foot rooftop deck that’s available to everyone all day and all evening with wifi, two bars, music, grills and fun umbrellas and fire pits – provided it’s not covered in snow.
- Holiday parties? We got’em! Not just major holidays, any holiday….Marti Gras, Valentine’s Day, St. Paddy’s Day, Opening Day, Boxing Day (for our Canadian employee), Sweetest Day, Groundhog Day, etc..
- Inter-office contests like the Great Mac-Off, Chili Cook-Off and limbo. We always keep you guessing and participating.
- 401k with some matching, Blue Cross health care coverage – yup, dental and vision too, Short-term disability, life insurance – we got ya covered on this one, legal assistance – for a small monthly fee and did we mention the awesome rooftop deck?
While we don’t allow jeans, we also don’t allow suits. We want you to just look your best every day and you’ll fit right in.
Required Skills and Traits — We Work with the Best of the Best:
- Clear focus on detail and ability to recognize inconsistencies in data/documents.
- Knowledge of Qualified Mortgage regulations
- Detailed knowledge of Closing and Legal Documents:
- Loan Estimate
- Closing Disclosure
- Title Commitment
- Insurance Documents (Hazard, Flood, Mortgage Insurance)
- Knowledge of MDIA Disclosure timing and APR rules.
- Knowledge of TRID fee tolerance comparisons and change of circumstance.
- Understanding of compliance, origination, closing, or processing roles.
- Inputting title company fees with proper finance charge selection.
- Understanding fee tolerances, how to handle tolerance violations, when 3 day wait periods apply.
- Review compliance audits specific to TRID messages, fee compliance and APR tolerances to ensure there are no issues.
- Preparation of the Closing Disclosure via Encompass.
- Ensure the Closing Disclosure is fully complete, accurate, and compliant. Including but is not limited to:
- POC amounts properly applied
- Fees disclosed in the proper sections
- Fees correctly marked finance or non-finance charge
- Escrows set up per Guaranteed Rate policy
- Keep TRID form in LOS system up to date:
- Ensure all data entry is completed to ensure accurate reporting and to ensure Loan Officer (and team) have visibility to the steps that have been completed.
- Update status notes within the TRID form regarding communication with Loan Officer, Closing, and Post-Closing.
- Monitor pipeline to ensure:
- CDs are going out according to policy
- CDs are being delivered to applicable parties in a timely manner
- Interacting with the Loan Officer (and team)
- Interacting with the Settlement Agent
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.