Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. Our unique value stack combines pioneering IIoT technologies with skilled delivery, exclusive financing, and risk-free insurance models.
We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
Relayr is seeking an authentic, and collaborative Customer Success Director to join our newly created Customer Success team, reporting to the VP Customer Success. The position will ensure the successful long-term partnership with our customer(s), encompassing the achievement of identified and agreed outcomes for the partnership and the individual organizations within it. You will be ultimately accountable for this and will have two direct reports. This position is based in Chicago, IL
- Leading by example: Ensure that the relayr values and culture are distilled through the Customer Partnership Team and that communication from the team to the rest of the business is clear, concise and well thought out to ensure alignment and clear understanding.
- Enabling Customer Success: Enable our Customers to be successful by supporting them in meeting their business outcomes through the delivery of the appropriate relayr portfolio and be accountable for Customer onboarding, adoption, and expansion with high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Enabling relayr success: Accountable for the Profit & Loss of named account(s), ensuring we meet long term financial plans for each customer account.
- Delivery & Execution: As a minimum, meet the agreed customer Service Levels and bring a pro-active, preventative and continuous improvement methodology to customer support.
- Customer Satisfaction: Work collaboratively with customers, set expectations, and agree deliverables & milestones. Communication in an open fashion to ensure transparency at all times and ensure risks are communicated, discussed and mitigated.
- Structure & Readiness: Ensure the Customer Success Team is structured for success, understands the identified outcomes and value pools for each customer and is able to scale to meet the business strategy and objectives. and that successor planning and personal development plans are in place.
- People & Successor Planning: Develop a team of highly capable and motivated people and empower and enable them to be successful. Ensure that Successor Planning is in place for all roles and is regularly reviewed. For direct reports, ensure that personal development plans are in place and regular review sessions are taking place.
- Performance & CSIP: Ensure tools are in place to enable measurement of performance against objectives and KPI’s and that a culture of continuous improvement is instilled in the team.
Ideally, you will have:
- Strong Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills with capability of leading direct and matrix teams. Experience in a Customer Success, or similarly focused role, would be beneficial but candidates displaying the right attributes will also be considered.
- Experience in delivering an end to end multi-year transformation programs with multiple workstreams.
- Excellent account development, and highly developed commercial skills.
- Experience in delivering new products and services into existing customer markets and managing them. Experience of P&L ownership and management and strong cost management ethos.
- Business, Management or Leadership Degree would be beneficial but not mandatory.
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Office Locations in Munich, Berlin, Katowice, Milan, Chicago and Sales Teams across remote locations
- Work life balance including a flexible work from home policy, vacation, holidays, and unlimited sick time
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, flexible spending account, and commuter benefits
- 401(k) with employer match
- Visit your customers on site and let us take care of your car expenses
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
Read Full Job Description