Deal Desk Specialist
Showpad is the leading sales enablement platform for the modern seller. Showpad’s all-in-one platform empowers sales and marketing teams to engage buyers through industry-leading training and coaching software and innovative sales content and engagement solutions.
At Showpad, personalities and cultures connect across oceans to create something extraordinary. As a top 10 software company in the Inc. 5,000 Europe list, Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. Our employees create the engagement and impact that drives our success as we expand globally.
In the morning, we’re drinking San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts – English scones for afternoon tea, and in the evening we’re toasting success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
About the position
The Deal Desk Specialist will provide guidance on complex deal structures and support the execution of proper process while ensuring business and operational compliance. You will provide feedback to help drive enhancements to the quote-to-cash processes and policies to increase sales velocity and improve operational efficiencies. You will influence and drive strong working relationships with the sales teams and Showpad’s internal back office functions.
This role is a hybrid of traditional jobs in sales operations, finance, and administration and is crucial to supporting the explosive growth of the Showpad team. The candidate should be familiar with how software companies go-to-market in order to align with the responsibilities of different roles (e.g. sales development reps, account executives, specialists, product overlays, customer success, etc.) and be prepared to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Key responsibilities as a Deal Desk Specialist at Showpad
- Serve as a trusted advisor to field sales on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to drive agreement closure
- Manage the end-to-end deal review process and proper execution of required materials
- Ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies and serve as an escalation point to business partners for quote-to-cash operations
- Act as the primary liaison with all cross-functional business partners involved in the order process to facilitate closure
- Build productive relationships and feedback loops with Legal, Finance, Sales, Customer Success teams to drive efficiencies
- Review, research and approve pricing requests
- Manage discount and gross margins
- Develop and share best practices and ensure standardization across GEOs
- Coordinate non-standard requests and be able to navigate through complex business processes and policies
- Review and verify incoming deals for accuracy, including but not limited to: confirming contract terms, contact and billing information, pricing, business policies, and existing legal agreements/pre-existing terms
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related discipline
- 1-3 years experience as a financial analyst, sales operations specialist, and/or experience supporting a complex Sales organization
- Strong background in Salesforce.com, Excel, and CPQ/Quote-to-Cash Processes
- Involvement with licensing and pricing programs at the enterprise level would be ideal
- Strong change management skills and experience with a rapidly changing business environment and ongoing operational improvements
- Strong analytical, accounting, and advanced Excel skills
Nice To Haves
- Experience within high-tech industry, SaaS business models & needs
- Knowledge or experience with billing systems/ERPs (such as NetSuite)
- Experience and understanding of Software Revenue Recognition
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing where every sales person is successful. As an international scale-up, we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced, performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment, and focus on impact and growth.