Director, Business Development - Automotive at Fast Radius
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:04 p.m. (CST) on Monday, May 11, 2020
We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
Based in Detroit, Fast Radius is looking to add a Director of Business development to focus on the quickly growing automotive sector. Reporting to our VP of Business Development, this person will lead the charge in opening up new automotive relationships and develop strategy for how we position Fast Radius as a trusted supplier.
This is an opportunity to join a quickly growing company (45 to 130 people since 2019) in a greenfield industry - on demand parts and products combined with additive manufacturing/3D printing design and production.
- Establish and cultivate deep relationships with C-Suite executives at organizations across the entire automotive value chain (OEMs, Tier 1 to 3)
- Partner with senior leaders at strategic automotive customers, collaboratively driving change acceptance as their organizations work to realize the benefit of additive manufacturing across their product development and supply chain teams
- Lead the structuring, from start to close, of complex multi-year production additive manufacturing and service contracts with strategic accounts
- Coach and develop salespeople in key aspects of the sales process, collaboratively teaming together to deliver best in class outcomes for customers
- Contribute to the development and growth of a suite of solutions that drive industry 4.0 adoption across customer organizations
- Detroit, MI based (requirement).
- Technical background (ideally time as a Design Responsible engineer) with an auto OE (e.g. Ford / GM / PSA / FCA) or Tier 1 supplier (e.g. Aptiv, Magna, TE, etc.)
- Nice to have – some customer or supplier management past experience.
- 15+ years of experience.
- Past responsibilities and proven success leading change adoption (bonus around innovation project implementation) across cross functional group of stakeholders. Passion for new technologies.
- Commercial aptitude as evidenced by ability to demonstrate successfully influencing org decisions.
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description