Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development plays an integral role in driving the sustained growth of the agency. This role is focused on client acquisition - identifying, engaging and securing new clients, whose challenges and needs align with the strengths and capabilities of the firm. Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing and working closely with Marketing, as well as cross-competency leads, this individual will lead new business initiatives, acting as the voice of the client, to ensure closerlook teams present multichannel marketing recommendations and solutions that support the clients marketing goals and objectives.
- Responsible for prospecting, identifying and qualifying opportunities, as well as leading the proposal, or strategic recommendation, development effort from initial conversation to close
- Achieve new revenue targets that align with the agency’s annual plan and growth strategy
- Penetratation within identified key target and assigned accounts
- Establish, build and maintain relationships with key customers within client organizations
- Develop and sustain partner and internal decision-maker relationships
- Partner with cross-competency leads to develop proposals that address the challenges and needs of our clients
- Collaborate with Marketing to design sales and marketing campaigns and collateral, based on the needs and wants of our prospects and our capabilities as a firm
- Minimum of 15-20 years of experience selling agency services to pharmaceutical organizations, specifically marketing departments and within organizations that have been identified as priority sales targets for closerlook
- Strong network of contacts within pharma organizations, specifically with targeted brand s and company that align with the agency positioning and have been identified as priority sales target accounts for closerlook
- Healthcare agency sales and client services experience required
- Commercial pharma experience with sales and/or marketing preferred
- Technology / software product experience a plus
- Effective at consultative selling
- Proven experience leading a pitch effort, or sales support team
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Comfortable and confident in leading client and internal meetings
- Adept at managing and advancing opportunities through the sales funnel
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Travel is required, however, the frequency will vary month-to-month
About Closerlook, Inc.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.