At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The Director of Channels will report to the VP of Channels & Alliances. Success in this role will be driven through referrals, growth in the number of participating partners, resale and referral bookings and overall channel performance.
- Manage a team of channel managers who identify and recruit channel partners using data, tools, events and proactive outreach in close coordination with Paylocity field sales teams
- Directly identify and recruit channel partners in close coordination with Paylocity field sales
- Conduct diligence on potential channel partners to ensure alignment of business opportunities and channel goals
- Build and work a pipeline of channel partnerships to ensure recruitment progress and closed partnership agreements at scale
- Using a structured process, negotiate agreements and ensure channel managers effectively negotiate agreements – both volume of standard agreements, and unique complex agreements
- Participate in the design and build of programs to support channel partner development and significant financial performance to targets
- Execute channel programs individually and across your team to ensure achievement of referrals, resale and referral sales to targets in close coordination with Paylocity field sales teams
- Leveraging data and market expertise, ensure program innovations match market need – from program launch to on-going execution
- Programmatically engage with a wide variety channel partners to ensure healthy relationships produce business results – spanning benefit brokerages, financial advisory firms, CPAs, Banks, employer associations, etc. with national, regional or local coverage
- Actively provide channel sales enablement to Paylocity field sales as well as channel partners
- Presentation and participation in Sales QBRs to drive coordination, execution and joint accountability
- Travel associated with this national role to ensure needed outcomes across the variety of responsibilities outlined above
Education and Experience
· Minimum 10 years of experience building and executing channel partnerships that deliver leads, bookings and revenue
· Experience working in SMB markets, as well as with channel partner categories tied to HCM or allied fields, preferred
· Significant experience working in or closely with sales
· Strong business acumen from business case development, to program execution, including the scheduling and management of program elements to ensure coordinated execution with channel partners
· Strong negotiation skills and experience with agreement process, both standard and complex agreements
· Team management expertise – working with a positive culture that’s very service and results oriented #SH
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.