Director, Enterprise Sales at Sprout Social (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Sprout Social is used by over 30,000 brands worldwide including DoorDash, General Mills, Trello and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media.
We are looking for a Director of Enterprise Sales to lead a team of approximately 7-8 Enterprise Account Executives. The ideal candidate will be a data driven and consultative sales leader with a proven track record of managing strategic, outbound Enterprise sales teams. You must be driven on meeting (and exceeding) revenue, operational and strategic goals as well as foster the professional growth, development and success of your team members. You will spend the majority of your time coaching, counseling and mentoring your team in all aspects of sales and effectiveness. You will also provide timely and practical feedback to senior leadership for new and interesting go-to-market strategies.
If you are an energetic and driven individual who has a strong command of B2B SaaS sales leadership and has managed complex sales cycles, we'd love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- Consistent and measurable track record of success that you can easily speak to and highlight – both as an individual salesperson, and as a leader within a sales organization
- Deep understanding of complex Enterprise B2B SaaS sales solutions
- Demonstrated passion for hiring, developing and coaching top sales talent
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience working with Fortune 500 companies
Within 1 month, you will…
- Complete Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partner with your manager to define key success metrics for your role and how you will measure against them.
- Meet your team in 1:1s to understand each person as an individual, what’s working, what’s not, and gather learnings to implement in your role.
- Dive right into our platform to learn about what makes our platform unique and why customers love our solutions.
- Learn Sprout’s go-to-market messaging, key differentiators, develop and personalize segment-specific value propositions.
- Learn the relevant customer stories and case studies to justify your value propositions with real ROI examples from the field.
Within 3 months, you will…
- Meet with leaders throughout the Sales, Sales Development, Sales Engineering & Customer Success organization that share responsibility for obtaining similar targets and identify areas of opportunity.
- Meet with the recruitment team to consistently recruit and attract top strategic Account Executives to further build your team and get ahead of talent needs.
- Establish a strong understanding of sales enablement, create/analyze team reports, and identify coaching opportunities.
- Begin coaching and mentoring your team with call listening through Gong, call shadowing and role plays to help them improve, both professionally and personally.
- Assist in negotiations and deal strategy.
- Create an early concept of a future plan for your team and begin prioritization for future quarters.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Measure initial process improvements and make adjustments where appropriate.
- Have built strong cross departmental relationships with Marketing, Sales Operations, and Product teams.
- Step up as a leader to share best practices across the Sales & Customer Success organization and help others grow from your experiences.
- Meet agreed-upon goals and targets relating to revenue targets and team productivity.
- Continue to develop your team, both personally and professionally.
- Become a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly pipeline and revenue targets.
- Obtain (solicited and unsolicited) and act upon peer, customer, and leadership feedback.
- Be recognized as a subject matter expert and leader at Sprout.
- Establish and begin executing against the long term plan for your team.
- Promote members on your team and create a bench of new talent.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity— race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.