DIRECTOR, SALES TRAINING at Conversant
Does helping people achieve their potential through amazing “aha” moment make you jump out of bed with excitement and anticipation? If you are thinking or screaming “YES!” then this role is for you! Conversant is seeking a Director of Sales Trainingwith the energy, experience and ability to design and deliver training programs that engage and inspire our teams. The programs range from new hire on-boarding, sales best practices to soft skills enrichment and team building. The role requires you to not only be an amazing person, but also capable of assessing business training needs, creating and facilitating proactive, responsive and reinforcement solutions, evaluating overall effectiveness and executing on future improvement strategies to achieve world-class training programs.
· Facilitate and contribute to all Training Programs:
o On-boarding program for new hires
o On-boarding programs for individual Conversant teams
o Early career development
o Sales Excellence @ Epsilon for all revenue generating teams
· Follows the Training Lifecycle best practices
1. Needs Assessment
o Work with business and sales teams and leaders to collect data and learning needs and objectives
o Identify skills, knowledge, and behavioral gaps
- Instructional Design
o Understand instructional objectives and sequence content for best learning
o Build partnership with SMEs and guide SMEs through content development
o Research and synthesize content for courses using a variety of resources
o Develop creative content and determine engaging delivery methods using adult learning best practices
- Training Delivery
o Skilled in facilitation and coaching of sales related training programs and content
o Webinars – Create interaction through delivery method. Balance content delivery vs learning activities for participants. Ease of use with WebEx.
o Classroom - Balance content delivery vs learning activities for participants. Make style adjustments as necessary as a facilitator.
o Coaching – Develop sales and business apprentices to achieve sales success through execution of Epsilon sales best practices
- Evaluating learning impact
o Gather feedback from stakeholders and training session attendees and apply feedback for continuous improvement
o Observe and provide feedback on training materials prepared by other departments to insure the highest level of quality for all training content
· Project Management – possesses full ownership of program(s) or project(s) for associates.
· Documentation – capture, distribute, and archive training content effectively.
· Technology – be well versed with learning technology and online course development tools such as a LMS or e-Learning authoring tool such as Captivate.
· Research – stay current with industry trends and best practices and how to engage learning participants.
· Relationship building and networking – development and maintain relationships with stakeholders, teams and participants.
· 5+ years of sales training experience and/or 5+ years of sales experience
· Four-year degree in Business, Communications, Organization Behavior, Psychology a plus
· Preferred proven sales ability and success within the digital marketing space. (digital display experience is a plus
· Able to coach and provide feedback to sellers and learners.
· Able to facilitate small to medium group training.
· Able to meet aggressive deadlines and handle 3-4 complex projects simultaneously.
· Able to problem-solve and make decisions under pressure with limited guidance from others.
· Able to work independently and motivate other team members.
· Proficient knowledge of adult learning principles and techniques.
· Proficient understanding of online learning and physical classroom environments.
· Demonstrated competency in MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
· eLearning authoring tool such as Captivate
· LMS system knowledge such as Cornerstone
· Instructional design experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of certain background checks which unless prohibited by applicable law may include criminal history checks, employment verification, education verification, drug screens, credit checks, DMV checks (for driving positions only) and fingerprinting.