Emerging Markets Account Executive- Chicago (PAYLOCITY)
Paylocity (NASDAQ: PCTY) is an industry-leading, cloud-based payroll and human capital management software solutions company. Our mission is to alleviate the manual work that impedes Human Resource Manager's productivity and success. We do this by providing comprehensive and easy-to-use software that empowers HRMs to manage workforces more efficiently and maximize the productivity of their organizations.
In addition to our dynamic software, there is something else that is very unique about us. Paylocity is a winner of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work award (#14 in the nation), Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work, Crain's Fast 50, Deloitte's Fas Technology, and most recently, our CEO, Steve Beauchamp, ranked number 11 in the nation as Highest Rated CEO. These accolades are a direct result of our awesome culture and the investment Paylocity dedicates to their employees' happiness.
The Emerging Markets Account Executive is responsible for prospecting and developing small business sales relationships with potential clients and closing new and expanded sales agreements. The Small Business Account Executives at Paylocity work in a fast-paced business environment that is very competitive and quota-driven, and targets small businesses. The best Small Business Account Executives are hunters, capable of creating their own activity in the field and constantly looking for that next sale. A strong predictor of success for an Account Executive, is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptional good prospective skills, the ability to be persistent (but not pushy), and has a passion for what is being sold!
- Determine prospective customers’ needs for Payroll, Human Resources
- Present Paylocity services to meet those needs.
- Prepare and present proposals and provide appropriate follow-up throughout the sales process.
- Complete and obtain documentation required for the conversion of data from their previous payroll provider to the Paylocity system.
- Work directly with internal departments to insure the client has a smooth transition to their new payroll provider.
- Using initiative, develop prospects through telemarketing, referrals, professional and personal contacts and other sources.
- Build relationships with CPA’s as well as other referral sources
- Maintain contact with existing customers to determine needs for additional services.
- Attend trade shows, conferences and other events to promote Paylocity services.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual sales quota for your territory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Indicators for Success in the Role
- 1-2 years’ experience in a sales position
- Ability to succeed in a competitive environment
- Ability to maintain high activity standards
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills required in order to handle objections and unexpected situations that may arise throughout the sales cycle
- Customer service orientation
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications and the Internet