Energy Derivatives Sales Trader
As one of the world’s leading Market Making firms, we at Optiver pride ourselves on our abilities to improve the market by providing liquidity in all market conditions. In order to grow our market making reach, we have begun trading directly with end users in the energies space and are looking for an energies sales trader to join our team.
If you are a sales trader who wants an opportunity to contribute to a new business initiative and build out a market participant network, then this is the perfect role for you!
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with end users in the energy space
- Work closely with energy derivatives traders to understand Optiver’s trading strategies and execute participant orders
- Develop participant profiles, reports and analysis
- Maintain a relationship management tool
- Develop and maintain marketing content as it pertains to direct trading initiatives
- Attend conferences and seminars for related products
What you’ll need:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a sales trading or sales associate role, with a focus on energy derivatives
- Strong knowledge about the market and its participants
- Existing contact within energy derivatives end users and the ability to rapidly build a book of counterparties from industry contacts
- Willingness to travel and meet face to face with prospective and current counterparties
- Strong communication skills and self-assurance
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations governing the markets we trade
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.