Enterprise Account Executive at Ascent
Who We Are
Ascent is a Chicago-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Who You Are
You will thrive here if you are highly self-motivated and self-directed. In your professional work, you consider your end user to be of highest importance. You are committed to lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your work product, including willingness to tackle projects head on and excitement about personal growth.
As trailblazers in our space, we’re looking for people passionate about selling new and innovative products, who aren’t afraid of challenging the status quo, and who have a thirst for knowledge to provide amazing solutions to clients that help them solve generations-old problems.
You’ll be selling an extremely innovative Knowledge-as-a-Service solution (KaaS) for a company that is first-to-market in the age of automated knowledge. As part of our Enterprise Sales Team, you will be selling to accounts across the financial services vertical focusing on the following:
- Managing complex sales-cycles often presenting to senior level executives on the value of our products.
- Orchestrating strategies and tactics for enterprise accounts e.g. land and expand
- Creating the case for change and helping client justify a new way of achieving regulatory compliance.
- Pipeline development and advancement through a combination of calls, email campaigns, and market sector knowledge/intelligence.
- Representing and promoting the Ascent solutions through product demonstrations, networking events, and initiatives aimed at your target market.
- Management of the sales process from end-to-end, engaging resources like content experts, engineers and internal research systems when required, assuring you deliver against key performance metrics with complete focus on new sales.
- Engaging with prospect organizations to position Ascent through strategic value-based selling, business case definition, risk analyses, references, and target’s data.
- Deliver against revenue quota objectives consistently.
- 5+ years of quota carrying software or technology solution sales. Enterprise sales required.
- Extremely strong relationship and organizational skills and the ability to effectively work with multiple organizations.
- Experience managing sales cycles from business champions to C-level staff.
- Track record of success in selling business applications and complex solutions (i.e.GRC, Information Services, Business Process Automation).
- Successful history of net direct new business sales, with the ability to prove consistent delivery against targets.
- Ability to understand business problems, articulate Ascent’s solutions, and establish a compelling reason to act.
- Ability to work with a cross-functional technical environment.
- 99% coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- Competitive Salary
- Commission rates above industry standards
- Uncapped Commission earnings for a first-to-market product
- Support/reimbursement for approved online learning courses
- Stock options
Relationships: The Enterprise Account Executive reports to the Chief Revenue Officer.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Start Date: ASAP
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional development stipend
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!