Enterprise Accounts Associate at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Associate, Enterprise Accounts role is the key contact for all Grubhub Enterprise Marketplace franchised accounts. You will be tasked with developing successful client partnerships by overseeing experiences and expectations while building the value of Grubhub and its affiliate sites. Your goals will focus on launch, retention, account maintenance, and revenue generation of franchised accounts. Working with internal stakeholders, you will be responsible for coordinating across multiple engineering and operational teams to help ensure a successful launch. Post-launch, you will be communicating with clients on a regular basis, maintaining a high retention rate of your portfolio, as well as exploring ways to grow each account.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Have a pulse of individual Franchisee relationships
- Upsell Franchisees on rate increases and marketing opportunities
- Complete regular Quarterly Business Reviews with key franchisees
- Manage internal administrative tasks in Salesforce
- Assist corporate Account Advisor with compiling information for client meetings
- Join weekly Client calls with corporate Account Advisor as needed
- Execute regional marketing campaigns
- Increase revenue across book of business and reduce churn
- Manage restaurant trainings with Elite Care team
- Manage market closures: market, holiday, natural disaster
- Follow-up on requests from the Care Team
- Route all escalations in a timely manner to correct internal departments and ensure proper expectations are set and met with franchisee partners
- Franchisee partnership retention and general account maintenance
- Attend brand conferences as the face of Grubhub and bolster franchisee relationships
You Should Have
- Account Management or experience working with large clients is a plus
- Dynamic personality who possesses a positive attitude and desire to be great
- Coach-ability. Open to new ideas and feedback. Constantly looking to improve your skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Comfortable making outbound dials on the phone
- Passion for working in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Experience working with or selling to restaurant owners a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM a plus
- Ability to work in MS Excel and Google Sheets to manipulate data
- Knowledge and interest in digital food ordering
- Are a really big foodie or have worked in the foodservice industry
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.