Enterprise Relationship Manager
Want to work closely with the biggest brands featured on Groupon?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Enterprise Sales team focuses on building relationships with some of the nation’s top national retailers. We spend our days learning about what makes these brands thrive and how to maximize these relationships to ensure long-standing, mutually impactful partnerships with these brands. We might look like an ordinary e-commerce app, but under the surface we’re using the latest technology to build products that help businesses thrive in ways they couldn't have dreamed of before.
As an Enterprise Relationship Manager, you will focus on growing existing partnerships with some of the largest and most complex merchants on our platform.Whether you’re discussing customer acquisition strategies or digital marketing campaigns, your focus will always be on developing and maximizing the growth of mega accounts.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Manage and grow a portfolio of the most complex accounts on Groupon
- Build key relationships with all key merchant partners - including marketing, sales, finance and operations organizations. Ability to effectively manage and present to senior level executives
- Influence a variety of decision-makers, including all executives who lead marketing and advertising budgets; Figure out role each decision-maker plays, calculates his/her relative importance and influence and maintains the relationship throughout the sales process
- Develop and execute strategic growth plans with accounts, including cross-selling of multiple Groupon products
- Develop and share insights with internal Groupon teams to help drive enhanced merchant and customer experiences
- Develop a keen understanding of the merchants’ industry, specific company business targets & strategy, processes, value chain and key business drivers
- Execute merchant communications strategy to ensure service needs are met and drive continued engagement with Groupon, driving their retention and loyalty
- Prepare and monitor budgets and forecasts
- Partner with Operations teams post-close to ensure a smooth transition of launch strategy
- Achieve business critical metrics as defined by Sales and Revenue Management
- Work with product development teams to craft new products and customize or improve existing products to meet the needs of key accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or other related field
- 3+ years of experience in key account management, senior-level sales and/or business management experience
- Digital marketing knowledge base, understanding of key industry marketing practices (email, mobile, display, SEO/SEM, social media)
- You have experience working with and influencing decision-makers and executive leadership in the past
- You are able to convey complex information to a broad audience
- Strong collaboration, consultation and negotiation skills
- Track record of overachieving quota and driving results in a high-growth company environment
- You have intellectual agility and creativity to respond to changing demands and create new solutions
- You're a creative problem solver who can think strategically to identify problems and recommend effective plans of action
- You have experience crafting results in an independent role
- You're able to work independently, take initiative, and remain flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a dynamic environment
- Ability to gather and use data to inform decision-making and persuade others
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.