Group Account Director at closerlook, inc.
closerlook's Group Account Director (GAD) is a dynamic, senior account partner for clients, providing regular strategic counsel to help pharmaceutical marketers navigate the rapidly changing healthcare landscape and drive brand growth. The GAD is responsible for growing business organically within existing accounts and spearheading “land and expand” efforts within their client organizations.
Strategic Leadership and Client Relationship Building
- Develop a deep understanding of the client's market, trends, influencers, competitors, key players, budget and performance metrics
- Build lasting relationships with clients at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrate ability to drive action and proactively keep momentum on all projects, including escalating when blockers are identified
- Offer proactive multichannel and digital marketing guidance, grounded in a deep understanding of brand strategic imperatives, clinical data, industry best practices and emerging trends
- Collaborate with cross-functional agency team members by providing objective direction and feedback that inspires innovative, creative ideas and tactics that have measurable impact
- Demonstrate strong storytelling and presentation skills, able to effectively author a deck and persuasively deliver the agency’s work to clients
Financial Acumen and Revenue Growth
- Lead the agency team in developing multichannel marketing strategies and campaigns, including but not limited to the annual brand planning process, that drive engagement and growth for client’s brands
- Identify opportunities within their accounts and demonstrate year over year revenue growth
- Lead the team in pursuit efforts within their accounts, including pitch strategy, presentation narrative, and facilitation of actual client pitch
- Accountable for the financial health of their accounts, including oversight of revenue projections, project profit margins, and timely invoicing and payments.
- Able to manage escalations and partner with cross-functional leadership to align on solutions
- A natural problem solver, identifies and diffuses conflict situations, establishing consensus to drive the team toward solutions
- Provides regular coaching and direction to account personnel (Account Director, Account Supervisor, Account Executive) on assigned brands
- 8+ years of experience managing client relationships in an agency environment
- Experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare marketing is required
- Must have experience leading digital marketing initiatives
- Must have experience leading pursuit efforts
- Fluency in digital media, channel partners and the role of media in the marketing mix
- Demonstrated presentation, verbal, written and communication skills
- Previous managerial responsibility is required