Group Benefits Consultant
Connected Benefits, a division of GoHealth, offers a seamless marketplace solution for individual and group health insurance. The marketplace enables brokers to help employers establish employee benefit levels, access available tax subsidies, determine their employer contributions, offer voluntary products such as disability, and implement their chosen benefits quickly and accurately.
Connected Benefits is a national insurance agency built entirely on the cloud. Our team digitally markets, sells, and services employers and their workforce by providing a full array of insurance products and benefit support services to full-time employees, part-time employees and independent contractors, coast-to-coast. A Group Benefits Consultant will identify, consult and assist small business owners and key stakeholders through the important decision-making process of selecting a group insurance plan that matches their needs with the optimal product and service(s). The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, energetic, quick-learning, and confident individual, who’s hungry to sell.
- Handle outbound sales inquiries through internally generated leads to effectively sell Small Group Insurance plans and products via phone to our small business clientele (10-50 employees)
- Quickly grasp new concepts and product offerings, including Major Medical and other ancillary health and life products
- Guide consumers through the health insurance policy selection and application process and serve as subject matter expert for Small Group insurance enrollments
- Remain fully knowledgeable on compliance issues governed by legislation and regulations impacting employer sponsored health and welfare plans such as HIPAA, ERISA, Tax Code SEC 125, PPACA and state sponsored health insurance exchanges
- Maintains a full understanding of the insurance markets, networks and benefit plan options relative to the small group market
- Determine the full scope of services to be provided to client and effectively utilizes all resources within department to exceed client expectations.
- Oversees the on-boarding of new clients by working collaboratively with the Account Management and Client Implementation teams to establish the implementation plan and timeline
- Be the "Face of Connected Benefits" at the consumer level, and serve as a brand ambassador for the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associates Degree or related inside Insurance sales experience
- Professional and motivated self-starter who is Highly driven and competitive in nature
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with client contacts including members of HR and the C-suite
- Must hold valid insurance license with lines of authority in Health and Life
- Previous health or life insurance sales experience required with a strong preference to individuals who have successfully sold into the Small Group space (10-50 employees)
- Experience selling disability insurance and other associated ancillary products and services considered a strong plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to demonstrate outstanding consultative selling skills and customer service
- Computer proficiency, including the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, with both consumers and co-workers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and performance-driven environment
- Multi-lingual candidates are encouraged to apply!
- Open vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Medical, life, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Commuter and transit benefits
- Professional growth opportunities
- Casual dress code
- Generous employee referral bonuses
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events
- GoHealth/Connected Benefits is an Equal Opportunity Employer