Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
The Sales Implementation Engineer (SIE) will join ShipBob’s growing Implementation team responsible for embodying our mission to help businesses be successful online. By understanding the unique strategic needs of each of our clients, SIEs deliver value to our merchants by owning all aspects of merchant onboarding including training, account and software configuration, and dedicated support to all contacts.
The role is multifaceted and SIEs perform a variety of tasks such as:
- Setting measurable objectives/expectations and outcomes to comprise Client’s success criteria
- Configuring account and dashboard based on Client’s needs and success criteria
- Providing thorough training sessions for all stakeholders to ensure effective use of ShipBob dashboard to accomplish desired outcomes with fulfillment operations
- Troubleshooting issues early on in the partnership to course-correct and set partnership up for long-term success
- Building strong relationships through a variety of communication methods, including regular proactive health checks, strategic business reviews, phone, and email correspondence to ensure a positive business impact
- Owning the the successful onboarding of a client and transition to the Customer Support and/or Customer Success teams for a strong long-term partnership
Who Fits This Role?
You enjoy managing customer communication through various channels, and you’re a pro at it. You love talking with customers, and don’t shy away from solving the tough issues when they arise - in fact, you revel in coming up with creative solutions to create wins.
You’re thrilled with learning the ins and outs of a product and teaching others how to use it to its maximum potential.
You’re resourceful, smart, and have great judgment.
You’re perceptive - you know the difference between symptoms and root causes of problems and can drive the appropriate result for either.
You know your audience - you communicate issues to salespeople and engineers on a technical level. You also know how to adjust your communication style with each individual customer so that they understand and are assured by your clear, simple, reassuring language, demeanor, and tone.
If you think you fit the above profile, do you enjoy the following:
- Do you enjoy engaging customers and being the go-to person who knows the answers?
- Do you have a deep passion around technology and logistics?
- Do you live for educating users, making people smile, and solving problems?
- Do you feel inspired by assessing someone’s needs and coming up with the perfect plan to address them?
If yes, this is the position for you!
- Consultation: Understanding Client Needs and Goals
- Upon account assignment, review needs and “success criteria” for partnership, including the reasons why they partnered with ShipBob
- Serve as a first point of contact to manage multiple accounts during a 30-60 day implementation phase
- Configuration: Implementing Specific Measures for Success
- Set up the dashboard and services to accomplish goals of the Client
- Training: Coach and Guide Client to Success
- Set up tailored training sessions for all stakeholders based on Client needs and specific dashboard configuration and functionality
- Prepare reference material in line with training to encourage self-service and seamless interaction with ShipBob dashboard and services
- Troubleshoot: Find and Course-Correct
- Own the relationship for 30 days to handle all questions, requests, and issues related to onboarding at ShipBob
- Adoption: Drive Client Use of Key ShipBob Features
- Marry Client objectives with ShipBob capabilities to drive use and adoption of key functions and features as part of ShipBob’s offerings
- Perform: Nail Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- NPS: foster Client advocacy by providing world class experience
- Churn: contribute to ShipBob’s company growth through high client retention
- Upsell: usher in mutual success for Client and ShipBob through adoption of new, key features and services
- Time-to-Value: drive decreases from acquisition to first shipping
- Transition: Provide Seamless Handoff to Support and/or Success
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in sales and client services in technology industry
- Patience: knack for methodical educating of clients to ensure adoption and success
- Aptitude to sell via quota attainment
- Keen perceptive intelligence in assessing client needs and driving solutions to meet those needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through oral, written, and in-person mediums
- Experience collaborating cross-departmentally to deliver comprehensive solutions for clients
- PowerPoint and Excel skills