Inbound SMB Sales Associate
Braintree's class-leading technology does for payments what the smart phone did for cell phones. The world of payments is changing and the only way to stay ahead of the game is to embrace the best in new payments technologies, opening new revenue streams and enabling new partnerships. In the past, payments were simply a way to move money from A to B. Today, merchants can take advantage of Braintree's payments technology to not just collect payments, but to also increase their sales, streamline operations and shed technical debt.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees spread around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get catered lunches, tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Check us out - Braintree on LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook | Twitter
Inbound SMB Sales Associate
We're looking for an exceptional individual that can sell our payments platform through a value-based selling approach to the SMB segment, while also supporting our Mid Market & Large Enterprise Sales teams in vetting, data analysis, and correspondence with prospects. This position is for our North American merchant sales efforts and this role could lay the foundation to a career on our Mid Market Sales team. While in this role, you'll learn the ins and outs of the complex payments world and how our business fits in, while building the knowledge you need to launch into a Sales Executive role.
The SMB Sales Associate provides sales guidance to prospects by detailing product features and benefits, acting as the point of contact throughout the entire sales process, while delivering on team established KPI's and quota attainment. Daily functions include extensive email/phone communication, revenue analysis, product demonstration, pricing negotiation and staying abreast of key product/feature updates. Ideally, we're looking for someone with experience in business development/sales, preferably with a technology focus.
- Meet monthly, quarterly, yearly revenue and quota expectations
- Provide expert advice and consultation for interested prospects on Braintree’s unique value proposition, technology capabilities, and product features
- Manage multiple channels of communication throughout the sales process
- Qualify potential leads for the Mid-Market and Large Enterprise Sales teams
- Keep detailed record of activities in Salesforce.com, including status updates, next steps and notes
- Review weekly and monthly revenue numbers in Salesforce.com
- 1+ years’ experience in Sales - B2B technology sales experience preferred
- High attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Confident communicator with excellent verbal and written ability
- Familiarity with quota and working all stages of the Sales funnel from qualification to close
- Must be highly organized, easily adaptable and self-motivated
- Knowledge of the start-up ecosystem and the technology sector
- Previous experience working with a CRM, preferably Salesforce
- Experience in the payments industry a strong plus
- A desire to be a part of a sales team at a growing company
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. You can also check out our FAQ!