Inside Sales Manager
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love where I work!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
GrubHub is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The GrubHub portfolio of brands includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. The company's online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from thousands of takeout restaurants across the country and London, and every order is supported by the company's 24/7 customer service. GrubHub has offices in Chicago, New York City and London.
With a career at GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it, too!
Do you have the ability to coach a team toward achieving their goals & extracting the best effort out of every team member? Do you have expert leadership skills in order to challenge the team & help them with achieving immediate and long-term improvements?
As an Online Restaurant Sales Manager, you will cultivate and grow an inside sales team of about ten Executives at our downtown Chicago office.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work closely with the Senior Manager of Restaurant Sales and the Director of Restaurant Sales to lead an inside sales team
- Train, coach, motivate, and manage a team of Sales Executives to improve individual results
- Identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiencies with processes, tools, product offerings, and employee development
- Use Salesforce.com to develop regular tracking and reporting of key performance metrics and translate these metrics into implications and recommendations
- Develop effective coaching strategies and content for team meetings
- Encourage transparency and align broader company initiatives with department goals
- Monitor success outcomes from each team member through the creation of recognition programs, dashboards, and leader boards
- Coordinate with The Restaurant Sales Management Team to ensure proper communication and alignment across teams
- Be a respected leader while maintaining our collaborative and dynamic team culture
- Develop clear expectations and instill accountability for employees across all aspects of their performance
- Cultivate an open sales environment while maintaining competition and self-reliance
- Encourage employees to contribute new ideas and solutions to problems
- Take on projects outside of the scope of day to day responsibilities as needed by the sales department
- Contribute to the sales strategy as it relates to the department as a whole
You Should Have
- Have a coach’s mentality: you love helping others succeed and strive at pushing your team to its fullest potential
- Experience in developing processes, meeting deadlines, paying attention to detail, while remaining organized
- Possess a analytical, data driven mindset
- Experience working in a metrics/data-driven environment
- Have a deep interest and enthusiasm to work for a rapidly evolving company
- Experience with working in a high activity, high volume environment
- Have an understanding on how to analyze metrics and using them to improve performance
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across multiple internal groups
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Competitive, uncapped compensation (Base salary + Monthly commission)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- Employee stock incentive
- 401k program that includes employer match
- Monthly pre-tax commuter benefit
- Sales contests & team events
- Free Grub
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.