Lead, Sales Development at Civis Analytics
What we do
Civis Analytics helps leading businesses, nonprofits, and government use data to identify, attract, and engage customers, constituents, and citizens. With a blend of proprietary data, technology and advisory services, and an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis helps organizations stop guessing and start using statistical proof to guide decisions. Learn more about Civis at www.civisanalytics.com.
Who we are
At Civis, we have opportunities for applicants who are newcomers, seasoned professionals, and anywhere in between. Our teams are energized by complex challenges and value diversity of thought. Opportunities to stand out and inspire happen daily and we trust and encourage you to act on your ideas – no matter how big they are. We offer you the tools and community you need to do your best work. Each of us is committed to holding ourselves accountable for results, challenging the status quo and finding new ways to grow our company and each other.
About the Role
A Sales Development Lead is a player-coach. It’s a blended position, part day-to-day Sales Development Manager and part individual contributor with a personal quota. The Sales Development Lead position will give you the foundation to be successful in whatever your long-term sales career goals are, whether that is ultimately being an individual outside sales contributor, or going into management. After 12-18 months, you'll either begin to nurture and close leads of your own, and will take a generous commission for the relationships you help create or you’ll move into a manager role, coaching, motivating, and managing a small SDR team. Regardless of the path you choose, if you work hard you can out-earn many of your peers.
As a manager:
- Manage and motivate SDR team to goals, objectives, and quota achievement
- Ongoing hiring, training, and coaching of SDRs
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process and productivity
- Accurately forecast pipeline to Civis management, and provide detailed weekly reporting
As an individual contributor:
- Work with Business Development Managers (outside sales) and Civis Solution Owners to build targeted outbound prospecting campaigns and schedule exploratory calls and meetings for BDMs
- Qualify responses and inbound inquiries, coordinate with sales to schedule exploratory calls and meetings for BDMs
- Conduct introductory calls with prospects when appropriate
- Consistently hit monthly ‘meetings scheduled’ quotas
- BA/BS degree
- Desire and willingness to spend a significant portion of the day cold-calling or emailing with energy and positive attitude; ability to power through the “NOs”
- 3-5 years experience in customer service, sales, account management, or related field
- Positive and energetic phone and email skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- 2+ years leading a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Sales training and cold-calling experience a plus
- Ability to self-manage and deal with the ambiguity that comes with a successful, growth-stage company
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Skilled at cross-functional navigation and team-based execution
Why Civis Analytics?
- The opportunity to be part of a growing tech startup focused on continued learning, mentorship, and internal promotion
- Competitive benefits including flexible PTO, 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health, dental, and vision benefits
- Downtown open office environment near great restaurants and all public transportation options
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us [email protected]
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
EEO IS THE LAW