We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees can make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
- Review and verify income statements, bank statements and other financial documents to develop a borrower’s profile and arrive at a credit recommendation.
- You will report directly to the Director, Underwriting in this role.
- Collaborate with loan advocates and assist them with verifying the accuracy of loan applications.
- Partner with the Loan Advocate Supervisor team (applications department) to help resolve credit escalations by providing timely replies to customers' exceptions.
- Propose revisions to the credits limits on new and existing customers.
- Manually review loan applications for customers who are unable to electronically provide bank history.
- Perform bank calls for new customers to confirm loans that are manually reviewed have legitimate transactional history.
- Participate in ongoing training to stay current with the latest underwriting policies and procedures.
What you will bring to the team:
- BA or BS preferred. 1-2 years experience in a loan processor, loan advocate or underwriting role, preferably in an online lending environment.
- Must be open to working closing shifts and opening shifts during the week and weekends. Please note: UW is open until 8:30 pm during the week but is open to allowing “split shifts” and work from home privileges.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once as well as strong attention to detail.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing
company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.