Lodging Account Manager at TripActions
As TripActions continues to grow and scale, building and maintaining valuable relationships with our hospitality lodging partners is paramount to our success. TripActions is looking for someone who values developing long-term relationships with a portfolio of lodging partners to solidify lasting partnerships that enrich our value to one another and align with our desire for travelers first. We are keen to add to our team a player who is great at influencing key lodging executives and decision makers, and consistently raising the bar for our team to exceed expectations.
Lodging Partner Managers build and maintain key partnerships in assigned regions to grow our mutual revenue targets and deliver on client and traveler needs and expectations. S/he will be the partner voice to our internal teams demonstrating deep understanding of the needs of our partners to provide insights into gaps and opportunities to deliver best in class partnership management.
The ideal candidate will have lodging partner account management experience with a deep understanding of hotel distribution, yield management and online travel agencies. Relationship building skills are a must, as is the ability to breakthrough traditional supplier/distributor paradigms to find true value for our travelers. Successful managers are adept at figuring it out and getting stuff done while having fun building an extraordinary experience for our clients, travelers, suppliers and teammates.
This key role reports into the Director, Lodging Supply in our San Francisco office and works with stakeholders across the company in Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Product, Supplier Strategy, and Finance. The position will be US based and requires ability to travel.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with Lodging Partners to ensure we are empowering their ability and willingness to enhance the value they offer to our clients and travelers
- Achieve results of strategic initiatives by being a results-oriented, multi-tasker, influencing decisions on strategically important negotiations
- Work with other functional areas (Finance, Product, Marketing, Legal, Engineering, People Operations, etc.) to ensure we are bridging gaps to clients’ needs and bringing all available tools to bear on our toughest problems
- Identify and evaluate key strategic trends, opportunities, and risks with focus on how we can drive effectiveness across the Supply team and broader group
- Discover growth options into specific initiatives and obtain agreement from suppliers with focus on adding value to our travelers and suppliers
- Negotiate and contract with lodging partners on favorable terms to increase value to our clients and travelers
- Analyze trends to discover opportunities for generating revenue to our suppliers and providing constant feedback on improvements
- Provide point of views on ongoing innovations in the lodging business, identifying and broadly implementing the best ways of working across the organization
- Offer your expertise on hotel market pricing, distribution strategies and overall lodging supplier program opportunities
- Other reasonable duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, with advanced degree preferred
- 3+ years in travel supply, distribution, account management or related industry
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining relationships with large global lodging brands
- Thrives in a collaborative environment with team goals. This is a cross-functional role that must build and maintain ongoing communications and relationships with clients as well as several teams within TripActions
- Energized and comfortable with a fast-moving, sometimes ambiguous, environment
- Advanced skills of Microsoft Office Excel, formal presentations, Salesforce, and Sabre GDS preferred
- Ability to travel internationally required