DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship
- High complexity assignments - owner
- Moderate complexity assignments - owner (1 or >)
- Low complexity assignments - provide oversight/review
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
- Understands how whole picture aligns to overall Ensono strategy
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of reference architecture for Ensono infrastructure solutions
- Responsible for the infrastructure architecture of one or more client environments and are to be considered the subject matter expert for the entire environment within the datacenter
- Responsible for working with the client to obtain the solution requirements for the infrastructure
- Responsible for written design of the infrastructure solution that meets or exceeds the requirements utilizing a reference architecture
- Responsible for being the technical subject matter expert for the implementation and ensuring the implementation adheres to the proposed design
- Responsible for presenting cost estimates for the mainframe solution implementation process and ongoing production support of the solution
- Engages in project communications with the client using a consultative approach, anticipates obstacles, and recommends solution options to mitigate.
- Ensures infrastructure solution design fulfills functional and technical requirements and can consistently meet progress against service level agreements (SLAs.)
- Accountable for the accuracy, process, integrity, quality and stewardship of client mainframe infrastructure solutions.
This position does not have direct reports but may mentor less experienced associates in the role.
Specific hiring needs may vary by location, industry, client, internal department and other business related factors. The qualifications section lists examples that may be used as guidance when populating required and preferred skills sections of recruiting requisitions / job postings.
- Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience
- Extensive previous background with IBM mainframes, including previous experience as a systems programmer supporting complex mainframe environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Previous experience in infrastructure architecture and solution design
- Storage Platforms (EMC, IBM, Hitachi, Oracle)