Manager, Business Development
G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 650,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
About The Role
G2 is in need of a Manager, Business Development that will lead a team of metrics driven Business Development Representatives in charge of prospecting new business. This individual should have a proven track record of meeting individual and team quotas with experience in a competitive B2B sales management environment.
- Lead a team of Business Development Representatives tasked with prospecting to drive net new pipeline
- Drive sales growth by finding and engaging prospects
- Create and prioritize strategic target account lists
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on lead quality and conversion
- Recruit, hire and train new team members as well as develop and reward top performing Business Development Representatives
- Manage a team of 6-8 inbound Business Development Representative
- Manage weekly team-wide meetings and training sessions
- Report on team metrics and forecasts
- Evangelize G2 Crowd and our industry-leading review platform
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- 1-2 years of Management or Team Lead experience preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent multitasking, time management, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Enjoy helping others and are willing to listen and learn
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.