Manager, Sales Forecasting at Peapod Digital Labs
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse the Aisles:
This role will support the analysis needed to execute real time strategies to directly impact sales & marketing efforts based on sales results. This role will focus on geo-specific sales analysis initiatives to support ecommerce sales goals in all regions.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
Sales Plan Development & Execution
- Responsible for developing analysis used for executing plans for real-time sales results
- Partner with Operations and Finance to drive service model & sales/margin on a weekly basis. Review sales numbers with Operations teams weekly to understand local trends and make adjustments to improve sales. Provide operating team with regular insights into customer satisfaction, identify opportunities and inspire cross functional team to execute merchandising, operational and marketing plans to improve satisfaction and drive sales. Provide guidance to Operations and monitor service model to ensure we are pulling the right levers to drive the business
- Align with Marketing resources to develop and drive brand awareness, acquisition and customer retention strategy for Peapod markets and PUP. Collaborate with ADUSA/Division marketing teams to leverage assets to drive sales
- Ensure that sales strategies are achieving targets and provide executive leadership with summaries and new strategies for achieving sales goals
- Responsible for high influence and execution of commercial elements, including sales & profits
- Analyze sales/orders/margin consistently to ensure metrics are moving in the right direction and make adjustments to proposition as needed
- Key influencer for sales (both grocery and total sales) as well as gross profit margin (including product margin, fees and incentives) Responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, modeling, project financing, and all other aspects of the Division/Market financials
- Assist with the development and execution of quick response communications plans during critical operational challenges such as weather emergencies, service provider failures, etc
Division / Market Strategy & Communication Management
- Assist with tracking of online and offline competitive activity across all Peapod markets and provide quarterly updates on changes to competitive geography, service model, marketing activity, etc
- Leverage ADUSA competitive tracking resources to monitor traditional supermarket store openings and closings and estimate sales impact on Peapod's business
- Review monthly sales
- Develop and execute quick response communications plans during critical operational challenges such as weather emergencies, service provider failures, etc. Understand overall impact and act accordingly
- Track and report on Market Share changes on a period basis; working closely with local Sales leads to understand changes and determine actions
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Minimum 5+ years experience with emphasis in marketing or sales analytics reporting
- Strong analytics/modeling/reporting skills
- Strong budgeting and forecasting skills
- Very high knowledge of Excel and other modeling/forecasting skills
- Understanding of sales trend analysis
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Bachelor's Degree
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.