This is an exciting time to join the FTD merchandising team as we completely reinvent the floral gifting experience.
The Merchandising Associate plays an instrumental role in defining and executing FTD's product merchandising strategies through consumer and data-driven decision-making and outstanding execution.
- Analyze weekly, monthly and seasonal sales performance and summarize key findings into actionable insights
- Actively monitor quantitative and qualitative customer feedback and identify opportunities to continuously improve the customer and product experience
- Monitor competitive and market trends and identify opportunities to translate trends into compelling new products
- Develop detailed assortment plans to drive sales and margin growth, including product assortment and development, pricing and forecasting
- Partner with planning to accurately forecast and buy at the SKU-level, based on rigorous historical and competitive analysis
- Partner with sourcing team and vendors to ensure competitive product costs across entire merchandising assortment
- Partner with FTD's extensive florist network to ensure successful in-market execution of merchandising strategies
- Collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, creative and site merchandising teams to drive successful product launch execution and sell-through
- Partner with copy and creative teams to provide compelling on-site storytelling, including new product names, product descriptions
- Support the product commercialization process with sample requests, product testing, item set up and photography
Qualifications / About You:
- Flower Nerd
- You're passionate about the opportunity to transform the floral and gifting experience at the intersection of nature, technology and retail
- Results Oriented
- You have demonstrated the ability to grow your product line/category through merchandising insights and execution
- You take ownership and accountability for your category results, constantly seeking new opportunities to drive growth and profitability
- Analytically Curious
- You're a data geek and proactively seek data to understand your category
- High degree of comfort with Excel -- pivot tables and formulas are your friends
- You enjoy the process of turning data into actionable insights
- Detail-oriented with strong project management skills, you can steer the product development process with limited guidance
- You're a team player who can adapt easily within an unstructured culture of constant transformation and change
- 3-5 years of merchandising experience within a fast-paced retail environment; E-commerce experience a plus
We are an inventive team of flower lovers, product junkies and technologists excited to bring a fresh perspective to one of the most highly recognized floral brands in the world.
Join us in our Chicago Office and enjoy the benefits of a publicly traded company within an exciting culture of transformation.