We are a global software consultancy and a community of passionate, purpose-led individuals. We think disruptively to deliver technology to address our clients' toughest challenges, all while seeking to revolutionize the IT industry and create positive social change around the world.
Thoughtworks is searching for a Senior Outbound Business Development Manager to join our Central office to support our growing clients in North America. Business Development Managers at Thoughtworks are responsible for developing and securing a pipeline of new opportunities and establishing an early relationship with the client.
What to expect:
- Develop a pursuit plan and a pipeline of new clients and client engagements.
- Successfully convert new target accounts, creating the foundation for long-term, value-based relationships. Success is nurturing and the sale of win-win value propositions and nurturing executive relationships for continuing business.
- Ensure the creation and execution of pursuit strategies, and build “win-win” value propositions at the company and at individual levels with clients
- Approach client executives as true business partners versus software delivery partners, expanding Thoughtworks engagement to encompass the breadth and depth of our capabilities, including where appropriate, our world-leading Global Delivery centers.
- Recognize that our people and our clients are at the center of everything we do
- Leverage your own and TW-provided market research to identify, build a business case for and present your pursuit targets
- Leverage available tools, events and marketing support to develop pitches, proposals, presentations, etc for target accounts
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Technology and consulting acumen with the ability to positively translate into business value
- Strong customer value orientation - you want your clients to succeed with their objectives
- The expertise to sell premium, not commoditized, services.
- “Hunter” mentality with a proven record of success driving complex sales through a disciplined process.
- Demonstrable track record of generating deals in excess of $20-50M
- Comfortability and experience engaging with C-level stakeholders at the business and technology level, using a consultative selling approach to maximize the customer outcomes
- An entrepreneurial drive that ensures you will be able to rally other TWers around necessary activities and be willing to “get your hands dirty” with artifact creation.
It is the policy of Thoughtworks, Inc. to provide a work environment free of discrimination. The Company will take affirmative action to ensure applicants and Thoughtworks employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, national origin, ethnic origin, veteran or military status, family or marital status, disability, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender expression or gender identity. This also includes individuals who are perceived to have any of the aforementioned attributes. Thoughtworks will adhere to all federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations governing employment.