Outside Business Development Representative
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 140,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The Grubhub Outside Business Development Representative (New Tech) role is a great opportunity to leverage your sales skills to make an impact on our rapid growth immediately. Plus, you’ll be selling restaurant owners exactly what they already want: more business. Our current Outside Business Development Representative (New Tech) love the team events, contests, and of course the meal perks. This is the place to hone your sales skills, and make great money doing it.
You’ll be on the front lines of growing Grubhub’s new restaurant tech within or our existing restaurant partner network and new restaurants. You’ll research and consult with restaurants, contact the decision makers, and show them how Grubhub’s new technology can benefit their business. You’ll need to be resourceful, persuasive, determined, competitive, and have the ability to easily connect with people from all walks of life.
We reward our Outside Business Development Representative (New Tech) with competitive pay (base salary + uncapped commission), contests, the ability to travel, and a work environment that breeds success. Do you want to be the best? Do you think you have what it takes to join our top performing Sales Executives and want to be recognized for your work? We only hire top talent, and we’re excited to learn more about your goals and achievements.
- Spend 80% or more of your time traveling within your market to promote our new tech.
- Understand Grubhub’s exciting new technology and be able to convey its value to new and existing Grubhub partners.
- Exceed high-volume sales goals while working within a team environment
- Be the market expert: gather restaurant feedback, monitor competitor activity, marketing opportunities, and provide recommendations for improvement to management
You Should Have
- Competitive personality and a can-do attitude
- The ability to talk to anyone with confidence
- Coach-ability. Open to new ideas and feedback. Constantly looking to improve your skills
- Ability to think strategically and make sound judgment to plan to achieve goals
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual skills in Spanish or Chinese are a major plus
- Prior sales experience preferred
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.