Outside Sales Development Representative Manager at DoorDash
We’re looking for a Outside Sales Development Representative Manager to lead our remote team of Outside Sales Development Representatives throughout the United States and Canada. Outside Sales encompasses the several functions required to win key local and regional merchants, including Sales Development Representatives, who are responsible for building the top of funnel for our Regional Account Sales Executives. Additionally, as the functional leader for SDRs within Outside Sales, the Outside Sales Development Representatives Manager partners closely with the locally-based Regional Sales Managers, Merchant Strategy & Operations, and Sales Enablement functions to create the highest possible impact from our individual contributors.About the Role
We’re looking for an Outside Sales Development Representative Manager to lead and grow our team of Sales Development Representatives for the Outside Sales team. The Sales Development Representatives reporting into this role help our Sales Executives bring the best local and regional merchants onto the DoorDash platform as fast as possible, taking advantage of our multitude of services to strike mutually beneficial terms. You will be responsible for growing the team and supporting them in this effort with a focus on increasing the return on investment for the function.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Grow the team — source, interview, and hire top sales personnel
- Refine performance management — the Outside Sales Development Representatives have never had a dedicated manager; this role is the opportunity to define our performance management philosophy, reevaluate our KPIs, and fortify our performance management execution to accelerate the Outside Sales Development Representatives contributions to the team.
- Work cross-functionally — in order to ensure the success of the function, the Outside Sales Development Representative Manager must work with the Regional Sales Managers to assess the needs of specific markets while building structure with our Merchant Strategy & Operations team that allows us to scale with minimal operational overhead.
- Scale insights — establish best practices for how to effectively manage a sales team and their book of business and develop new sales plans, strategies and programs to help increase your team’s productivity
- Be a strong people leader - Assess the strengths and weaknesses of your team and manage accordingly; provide weekly and monthly performance reports with your team
- You’re a self-starter — you have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a constantly changing work environment
- You have experience leading a team— you pride yourself on your ability to motivate others
- You’re a problem solver — you can translate high-level goals into applicable plans
- You pride yourself on your excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are tech-savvy and navigate sales and internal tools quickly (Salesforce, Google Apps)
- You have 1+ year of experience at DoorDash and consistently exceed goals, averaging >100% in 2019
- You demonstrate tireless work ethic, averaging >= B in activity grades in 2019
- You are an S/ML or TL who has worked with SDRs on initiative-based work
- You have a demonstrated history of mentoring and/or training SDRs
- You are based out of one of our Regional offices
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.