Paro is hiring a Partnerships Lead. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We are committed to building a supportive place for you to do the best and most rewarding work of your career. Paro embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion every day.
We help growing companies gain confidence in their finances. Paro matches businesses with the highest vetted bookkeepers, accountants, financial analysts, and CFOs who provide remote, on-demand, hourly support when clients need it. We only accept 2% of applicants into our highly curated network of experts, so clients know they’re working with the best of the best.
Ultimately, our mission is to empower business professionals to pursue meaningful work on their own terms. We provide freelancers with a platform to grow and manage their book of business, along with tools to predict their future earnings.
Working at Paro
Join us as we build the future of work and make finding perfect-fit talent as simple as buying a product online. A mass migration to the freelance economy is already underway, and many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2025. We are backed by Revolution Ventures, Sierra Ventures, FJ Labs, and other leading investors and angels, and we are on the path to disrupting the $500+bn antiquated finance/accounting industry.
We value taking smart risks and having each other’s backs. We welcome challenges, and we are rigorous in ensuring all voices are heard. We are open to understanding each other’s experiences and communicating effectively together. We work hard, but we also want every employee to enjoy the journey. We work collaboratively, do the right thing, never settle and put our best work into everything we do. We believe our teams deserve to be surrounded with others who can be their authentic selves at work while driving forward the future of work with Paro.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why is this position open?
Due to the significant growth and success that Paro is experiencing, our Partnerships team is looking to add a Lead for one of our Partnership initiatives. He or she will have an entirely outbound focus primarily targeting tangential service providers, as well as appropriate preferred vendor relationships. As our client base has moved upstream to the middle market (and beyond with initial Enterprise pilots), we are seeking a motivated business development professional who has the expertise to replicate our successful case studies and expand our client portfolio. The role is responsible for acquiring new partners and clients through a defined outbound sales process, which encompasses the full sales cycle from establishing initial contact to closing deals. The role entails a mixture of inside and outside sales exposure (COVID-19 permitting).
- Be a critical member of the Partnerships team by helping to define, shape, and own our customer acquisition strategy towards Service Providers and Preferred Vendors
- Develop deep and genuine relationships with business leaders - while focusing on the goal of helping their company (and their portfolio companies) operate more effectively and profitably
- Overcome objections of prospective customers via Paro’s service offering(s)
- Work towards meeting/exceeding quarterly quota targets
- Build a healthy sales pipeline, supported by targeted investments in campaigns co-designed with the Director of Partnerships
- Established as a top performer at most recent/current employer
- Have 3+ years of sales experience, with at least 2+ in a predominantly/entirely outbound capacity
- Applied experience working with service providers (channel partners) and/or preferred vendor relationships
- Thrive in a consultative and strategic sales role. Paro’s sales process is not transactional!
- Will be ambitious, able to build trust, motivated, think outside the box
- Are accountable for building their own sales pipelines
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess exceptional listening, organization, presentation, and business strategy skills
Areas of Focus
- 100% outbound, net-new business generation focused on Service Providers (e.g., payroll companies, PEOs, credit card processors, etc.), Preferred Vendors (GPOs, Corporate Sponsors, etc.), and their respective client bases
- Efforts will be supported by dedicated investments such as intent-based lead programs, sponsorships, events, corporate partnerships, and travel. All manner of referrals (direct as well as referral partnerships) you create are fair game as well!
- Marketing will also provide omnichannel support, including retargeting efforts to named accounts, collateral development, partner- and industry-specific landing pages, and more
Benefits at Paro
- Competitive salary + commissions + stock options
- Parental Leave
- Comprehensive benefits package offering including: Medical (BCBS), dental, vision insurance, 401(k), etc.
- Flexibility to work from the office or remotely (as needed)
- Unlimited PTO – we trust you
- Company Holidays – in recognition of 10+ federal holidays each year
- Unique Paro Holidays to rest & recharge for one day each month when there isn’t a company holiday (minimum time off)
- Great River North office location, steps away from public transportation
- Pet friendly office
- Casual office environment
At Paro, we pride ourselves on our strong value-oriented culture—which we created together as a team—and look to bring on new team members who also embody these values.
Enjoy the journey
We bring energy to an antiquated and stale industry
We embrace fun
We don’t take ourselves too seriously
Have each other’s backs
We are a team; we win together and lose together
We can handle anything
We feel confident to take risks because we serve as each other’s safety net
We are a community, not just a workplace
Do the right thing
We don’t cut corners; we take a long-term view of success
We deposit in the Karma bank
We are loyal to clients and freelancers
We are transparent and don’t hold ulterior motives
Take Smart Risks
We believe that trying and failing is better than not trying at all
We think creatively about obstacles
We challenge assumptions
We are nimble
We invent new ways to do what we do
We want to be comfortably uncomfortable and encourage each other to take on new and more challenging projects
We are each accountable for every team member being their best and push each other and give others permission to push you
We bring our whole selves to work; we're cool with who you are, professional and otherwise!
We recognize that everyone brings something important to the table and that conflict helps us grow
We are sensitive to our differences; we value being yourself while making space for others to be themselves
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion as we grow