Pre-Purchase Specialist at Guaranteed Rate
About Guaranteed Rate:
Guaranteed Rate is the 5th largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. By offering industry-leading tools, low-rate mortgages and unparalleled customer service, we’ve become the Home Purchase Experts®. At Guaranteed Rate, we think big—pushing beyond what most people believe is possible. We strive to work with the best of the best, building business with the best referral partners and hiring the best employees—allowing us to deliver world-class customer service. Our goal is to make sure every customer has a great experience. Headquartered in Chicago with 5,000+ employees in 300+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, we’ve helped thousands of homeowners with more than $37 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in just the past year alone.
- Manage revolving pipeline of up to 50 loans.
- Maintain individual production level of 150 loans sold each month.
- Clear suspense conditions placed on file by investors for purchase:
- Validate suspense conditions placed on files by investors.
- Initiate whatever steps need to be taken to clear conditions.
- Work with investors, other departments, and third parties to obtain items to satisfy conditions.
- Deliver conditions to investor for clearing.
- Consistent and regular follow up and escalation.
- Dispute invalid conditions based on file documentation and guidelines.
- Sell all files in pipeline within 30 days of funding.
- Work with loan officers, processors, underwriters, closers, commitment desk, investors, third parties and even borrowers to gather and deliver conditions
- Keep accurate notes on all files including appropriate error attribution to responsible party
- Identify any potential salability problems early and escalate while working to resolve
- Maintain courtesy and professionalism with all business units
- Attend meetings, volunteer feedback, and ask questions
- College degree or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 2 years mortgage industry experience and comfort level with any of processing, underwriting, closing, and compliance; well-rounded background in all a plus
- Microsoft office/data entry/PC skills, typing speed at least 40 words/minute
- Ability to work 40 hours per week in corporate office
- General knowledge of agency and investor guidelines and familiarity with loan documentation
- High degree of individual work-ethic, but also the willingness to work with a team
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, proactivity, and follow up
- Strong communicator with strong persuasive skills, clear and concise communication evidencing logical thinking; comfortable with professional debate
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law. #LI-KH1