Pre-Sales Associate at SPINS LLC
Who We Are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
We are adding a Pre-Sales Associate to our Sales Teams. The Role of the Pre-Sales Associate will assist the Enterprise Sales Team to efficiently engage with our largest deals. This pre-sales associate will work closely with the sales rep and solution architect to define the goal, scope, and process of winning the big deals. Collaborate with the solutions architect to pull the data sets and build the final format in a power point presentation. In addition to pre-sales, this role will coordinate internal calls and bring teams together as we drive strategy into our largest accounts/opportunities. The pre-sales associate will own organizing client calls, working through the process of booking the deals, and act as a central point of implementation handing off each aspect to the specific group for fulfillment. This is a critical role, as we are doubling our deal size, to focus on strategy, data mining, presentation building, interaction with the clients while gathering info and being a bridge through the process. This position reports to VP Sales.
What You Will Do
- Build Data Sets for Prospecting and Calls
- Build Decks into Verticals - Client Specific
- Build Vertical Specific Target markets
- Project Manage the Initial Kickoff of Large Deals
- Internal Client Profile Sheet prior to each meeting
- Document Client Call recap in CRM software
- Align with the account representative on Renewal Strategy and Data points for existing clients
- Organize the Support system of:
- The Call
- Sales Rep
- Solution Architects
- Product Owners
- Manage Contract Process
What You Bring
- Ability to work cross functionally in a matrix organization
- Analytical in approach; ability to spot trends, anomalies and opportunities in data sets
- Ability to engage and interact with senior-level Leadership
- Advanced capabilities within Excel and PowerPoint (Pivots, Dynamic Formulas, graphs, etc.) including prior experience building presentations
- Ability to learn new tools and services and quickly apply internally and externally
- Demonstrated success in strategic thinking, planning and implementation – a strong desire and track record of getting things done
- Knowledge of market research, sales and negotiating principles
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Marketing or Information Technology (or related degree)
- 3+ years of experience in a sales support role
- 2+ years of experience using data, insight and visualization
- Business and commercial acumen
- Data analysis and storytelling
- Advanced Excel/visualization skills required
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (eg. Salesforce) is a plus
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Strong ability to manage through influence
- Prior experience in a project manager role is a plus
When we began working from home in March, we were committed to keeping the healthy and active SPINS culture for our employees. Keeping the culture is high priority to us as we have continued to hire and onboard new employees even while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. While we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted 8 hours to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.