What We Do
We are building the predictive analytics platform to make the world more productive, reliable, safe and secure. We take data from an expanding range of industries and combine our strengths in data science and software development to deliver solutions with actionable insights to companies worldwide. This creates quantifiable efficiencies for businesses, and dynamic challenges for us.
What You Do:
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you have a vital role as the go-to source of information for prospective Uptake customers, helping them to define the business and technical value of utilizing Uptake solutions. You will collaborate with a smart, motivated group of sales leaders to provide technical expertise, map potential customer pain points to Uptake solutions, and win customer trust. You will be involved throughout the sales cycle to understand and validate the business and technical scope of opportunities to both the sales team and the customer. This will involve everything from developing the Uptake value story for a customer, to developing relationships with customer business and IT teams, to collaborating on proposal development.
- Act as key industry, technical and product subject-matter-expert point of contact for prospects and the sales team: answering queries, providing business and technical guidance, capturing complex technical requirements, and representing Uptake products in the context of client needs and setting
- Define the Uptake value story and long-term journey for potential customers, collaborating with client stakeholders to quantify key value drivers and effectively communicating business outcomes that can be achieved using Uptake’s solutions
- Collaborate with Uptake Industry, Marketing and Sales leaders to develop internal and external deliverables such as business cases and account plans, RFI and RFP responses, and proposals
- Be the best at demo’ing our products; both from a storytelling (day in the life of) and technical depth perspective
- Actively engage with Product/Dev teams to stay current on Uptake’s latest and greatest product features, roadmap, and technical capabilities. Be technically well-versed in our competitors, and collaborate with Marketing to position our technical differentiators against competitors’ products
- Collaborate with Customer Success on effort estimation and costing/pricing of complex engagements and POVs, and review contracts and position client delivery expectations to be in line with product roadmap plans
The successful candidate will be an independent thinker comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a rapidly expanding technology organization:
- 5+ years in enterprise software sales and/or strategy in relevant industries including Transportation, Manufacturing, Energy, O&G, etc, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to demonstrate products to a business and technical audience and articulate value and outcomes from a technology solution
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, and the ability to learn new concepts and domains quickly
- Deep understanding of concepts and technologies behind big data and predictive analytics, predictive maintenance, and Industrial AI
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including around complex technical concepts
- Organized, highly motivated individual with excellent customer communication, sales and pre-sales capability, and presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Deep domain expertise in APM, IoT Platform, etc. Understanding of how Data can be leveraged for analytics and predictive maintenance in industrial verticals
- Understand the Key Metrics for productivity and efficiency in industrial verticals
- A collaborative mindset, and a record of building successful relationships with colleagues and customers
- An entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and a passion for Industrial AI
Why Work Here
We build and deliver, then explore to build more. Curiosity and flexibility enable everything we do, and we get stronger as we make each new industry smarter. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences to solve problems no one has yet to solve, at a speed no one has yet to experience. We support and challenge one another to bring out a new best in each of us, and we might have a little fun along the way.