Retail Account Manager at SPINS LLC
Who We are
For 20+ years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
As a member of our Retail team, you will be a client advocate with the primary responsibility of helping to maximize the effectiveness of our retention efforts and providing an outstanding customer experience to some of the most innovative retailers North America. You will work alongside our Director of Retail Partnerships to educate, engage, and empower our retail partners and develop and execute strategies to ensure renewals and loyalty, while integrating product-specific goals. To excel at this role, you must be confident, thoughtful, organized and enjoy interacting with customers of varying levels of experience, complexity, and technical understanding. If you are motivated to help amazing customers get the most out of their partnership with SPINS, we want to hear from you!
What you will do
- Own multiple client relationships including, but not limited to short and long-term strategic planning, regular and on demand data requests
- Facilitate timely resolutions to client inquiries, agreed upon training, and overall client fulfillment
- Interpret, analyze and clearly communicate data in formal or informal presentations
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills to foster new and existing relationships across the client’s organization based upon SPINS product offerings
- Ability to work effectively across various internal and external teams by demonstrating clear and concise communication skills
- Identify and implement solutions for clients that utilize SPINS unique data assets by understanding the roles and data needs across multiple client organizations.
- Build strong and positive relationships with client contacts through phone calls, emails, and live screen-sharing
- Track the health of clients on an ongoing basis to proactively address their needs.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the customer experience where customer value will increase through up-selling and cross-selling activities.
- Lead conversations with a wide-ranging list of customers to determine how best to align their unique company goals and strategies with their usage of SPINS products to realize the most value possible.
- Proven self-starter with a goal-oriented approach
- Analytical in approach; ability to spot trends, anomalies, and opportunities in data sets
- Strong business acumen with the ability to engage and interact with senior-level leadership within the client’s organization
- Moderate - advanced capabilities within Excel and PowerPoint (Pivots, Dynamic Formulas, graphs, etc.)
- Experience with spreadsheet manipulation (Vlookup, Pivot Tables, etc.)Natural Industry experience is preferred, but not required
- Experience in the following is strongly preferred
- Point-of-sale (POS)
- Consumer panel data
- Experience with using CRM Software
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Marketing, or Information Technology (or related degree)
- 2-5 years of experience with a Retailer, Distributor, Broker or Manufacturer AND/OR
- 2-5 years of experience in account/relationship management, Customer Success and/or partner development
What SPINS Offers
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.