RVP, Business Development, Central at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
As the sales leader of the U.S. Central Region, you will be accountable for delivering on regional revenue targets for the entirety of the U.S. Central Region. This person is responsible for scaling one of the company’s largest sales teams, one who will identify, secure and grow company revenue. You will work cross functionally with key internal stakeholders to deliver and support long-term regional success. Expected results are attainment of revenue, profitability, successful management of both large team managers and senior individual contributors, and sales productivity goals established with the Head of North American Sales, Chief Revenue Officer, and US counterparts.
You are a master sales leader with a proven track record of scaling large sales organizations, establishing organizational structure across multiple client types, and closely managing the productivity of a large sales team. You exhibit high emotional intelligence and professionalism at all times and are a true consultative business partner with your clients. You are well versed in the agency landscape in Chicago, Detroit and the U.S. Central Region, with key agency and brand relationships already established.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve regional sales revenue targets in a competitive market.
- Responsible for leading, inspiring, building, and scaling sales team within one of our largest territories.
- Directly contributing to product development process through active participation in product reviews by providing market & account insights.
- Managing existing pipeline, setting commissions targets, working closely with NA SVP and Executive team to constantly optimize efforts related to company-wide goals.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Work cross functionally to implement effective and profitable growth strategies with global partners.
- Provide guidance to leadership on performance management and employee development for sales organization.
- Make a positive contribution to the Trade Desk company culture.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 10-12+ years of experience leading senior sellers and a scaled sales team.
- Proven experience and responsibility for $100 MM + in annual revenue and expertise in managing teams 50+.
- SaaS, Ad Tech experience, or Digital Media highly prioritized .
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with C-level clients.
- Industry thought leader and proven ability to succeed in a hyper-growth environment.
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment and collaborate across multiple departments.
- Understanding of the Chicago and Central region market, and established relationships across the digital ecosystem.
- Experience building longstanding, consultative client relationships.
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.