Sales Associate, Destini at SPINS LLC
Destini Global, a division of SPINS, is currently seeking a Sales Associate to help grow what has quickly become the leading product locator solution in the food and beverage industry. You’ve most likely used a “store locator” before, when going to a brand’s website, to see where they are sold in a grocery store near you. Destini has changed the way consumer can search for products, by allowing them to search for the specific item(s) they want to purchase at a nearby retailer. Manufacturers have long struggled with the ability to keep their locator data up to date, let alone allow users to search for specific products. When Destini partnered with SPINS, it became the only locator solution on the market with the ability to feed in automated, store level locator data from BOTH natural and conventional retailers, while allowing the consumer to search by product. This unique differentiator is why Destini is a strongly desired and respected product in the retail food and beverage industry, which makes selling the solution fulfilling and rewarding.
The team is small. The goals are large.
You better be someone who likes to take charge.
Founded in 2012, Destini revolutionized the way a consumer can search for products by integrating transaction data from over 100,000 retail locations across the U.S. and Canada, making it the #1 Product Locator platform across the U.S. and Canada.
With over 1000 brands using Destini technology today, Destini has been focused on extending its product portfolio to launch new solutions leveraging retail transaction data to help brands reach consumers more efficiently and increase sales. These solutions include managing large-scale digital couponing campaigns across the top 60 retailer loyalty programs in the country as well as new product sampling campaigns through 1000+ vending machines through a recent partnership with Vengo.
Team Position: Sales Associate
What you will do.
The uber passionate sales associate hired for this position will be accountable for supporting the director of sales and helping to vastly grow Destini’s client base, while nurturing current client relationships.
Weekly responsibilities include online sales demos, reporting, goal setting, CRM management, sales process optimization and contract administration. Members of the sales team work closely with both the production manager and developers, to assist in making sure all locator launches go smoothly.
This natural deal closer will be a significant contributor to Destini’s overall growth and profitability and responsible for driving revenue growth by identifying, building, managing and growing new and existing client relationships.
The role requires a strong focus on new business development, in addition to up-selling and cross-selling to existing clients and securing contract renewals. This will be achieved through sound account planning, prospecting to identify high quality clients, qualifying and developing assigned accounts, understanding the client’s business environment, educating clients on our portfolio of solutions, and identifying ways Destini can add value to manufacturers sales and marketing efforts.
The position reports to the director of sales, will be located in our offices at 222 West Hubbard in River North.
- Identify, prospect, cultivate and grow Destini client base
- Execute sales plans to achieve new customer revenue and existing customer
up-sell revenue targets
- Input and maintain leads and client activity in ZOHO CRM software
- Provide potential clients with live, online demonstrations of the Destini Locator Solution
- Relentlessly follow up with potential leads
- Maximize Destini’s revenue and profitability potential by up-selling new revenue, raising awareness of Destini’s portfolio of solutions and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Exceed defined sales goals through strategic account planning, networking, and use of company resources
- Provide top-notch customer service at all times
- Participate in trade shows, kick-off meetings, major milestone meetings and other opportunistic events
- Create genuine value for clients to help grow Destini/SPINS’ capabilities and positive reputation
- Maintain thorough understanding of Destini’s solutions and tailor presentations to meet the needs of different types of manufacturer’s
What you bring.
- A minimum of one-year sales experience required, preferably selling to “cold leads”
- Experience selling Software as a Service is a must!
- Hungry for success and willing to work both smart and hard to achieve goals
- Experience using CRM systems
- Super organized and HIGHLY detailed oriented
- Multi-task like a BOSS
- Upbeat, energetic and positive, outgoing, charismatic
- People person
- Great phone skills and likes talking on the phone
- Possesses professional communication skills, with the ability to write friendly, clear, eloquent emails and conduct numerous daily phone calls with ease
- Stellar communicator – both in writing, in person and via phone
- Self motivated – the team is small, the goals are large
- A desire to grown and learn
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Passion for and experience in the food industry a plus!
Who you are.
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.